I FINALLY Got My RECKONING CD! It's About Time!!!

Oct 26, 2002
RainbowLand
www.youtube.com
There were conflicting dates for the new Iced Earth single, THE RECKONING. I thought it came out a week ago, but I couldn't find it in the stores, not even my local record store (mabye the single was selling like hotcakes, but I didn't know for sure).
Well, today I found one, and immediately picked it up and bought it. And I have to say I've been enjoying it greatly.

Here's my review...

1. THE RECKONING (DON'T TREAD ON ME)

Excellent song. Has a Demons & Wizards feel to it, with hints of BURNT OFFERINGS. And new vocalist Tim "Ripper" Owens does just that...RIPS IT! And the layered vocals are just a taste of what's to come...

2. WHEN THE EAGLE CRIES (UNPLUGGED)

I'm assumming the CD version is electric, so mabye it will pack more of a punch. Other than that, it's a terrific tune. Great acoustic solo by producer Jim Morris.

3. VALLEY FORGE

Probably the least of the four songs, but it's still better than anything mainstream metal is putting out.

4. HOLLOW MAN

I had mentioned that "Valley Forge" was the least...well "Hollow Man" is the greater...

I would even be so bold as to call it an instant Iced Earth classic. I remember Jon Schaffer saying that he left this song off of HORROR SHOW because it was 'too good.' Well, he wasn't kidding. I've never heard layered vocals put to this kind of effect on an Iced Earth song...ever. The chorus is soaring! Just absolutely awesome! And a blisterting solo from Ralph Santolla. My favourite track on the CD.

Thank you, Iced Earth, and I'm hoping for more great stuff from the upcoming THE GLORIOUS BURDEN.

the songs were good however I would have liked more heaviness in the songs after the Reckoning and yes Hollow man was the second best