Iced Earth - the Reckoning

I had the chance to listen to the whole album back in September, when I had an interview with both Owens and Schaffer. My conclusions:

1. The new album is way better than the previous one.
2. The Reckoning is easily one of the worst songs of the album.
3. Owens has a very good voice (thousands of light years ahead of Halford, btw)
4. Owens sounds like Barlow on the album, or at least not as far as I thought he would.
5. Owens is a very nice guy, while Schaffer is rather hmmmmpfhhhhh........... you know....

But we were not given any promos of course, since the album will be out in January and they didn't want the music to spread yet, of course. We were not even allowed to use the interviews before Jan 2004!!! :):)

Cerulean said:
Burnt Offerings is for me loads better than anything else they've done.
Fuck it's weird... Iced Earth don't like Burnt Offerings at all. Opeth's Morningrise is their best imo, again, Opeth themselves don't really like it. Same with Metallica's And Justice for All, Anathema's Eternity and I think I could name a few more. All me favourite albums but the artists themselves don't like em.
dont you like dark saga too?it must be the first metal record i was obliged to hear,little i remember now,but it had q.of heaven,its like their stairway to heaven or sth.

The new cd is real bad, I heard it a few weeks ago and couldn't even listen to it all the way through. It doesn't help that the whole thing is "go go USA #1 lets roll its wartime!" Can't stand too much patriotism, especially in metal, and the music is just the same old thing they've always done.

mehdi.i.e.e.e said:
whats happening to metalheads ffs :erk:
Do you mean that Owens is not as good as Halford? Well, it's a question of personal taste, so it's not something objective. What IS objective however is the range and quality of somebody's voice, and Owens is better there. But of course a good singer needs much more than just range, so you might prefer Halford instead or even prefer Lemmy to Andre Matos. But wtill Matos has a better voice.... Agree?