Iced Earth release date

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
ICED EARTH Set Release Date For 'The Glorious Burden' - Aug. 21, 2003
ICED EARTH have set an October 27 European release date through SPV Records for their new CD, "The Glorious Burden". The follow-up to 2001's "The Horror Show" will mark the recording debut with the group of new vocalist Tim Owens, formerly of JUDAS PRIEST. A world tour in support of the album is expected to begin in early 2004.

Still looking forward to it despite Jon seemingly turning into a power metal lover overnight. Maybe theres some ultra heavy stuff on it as well, who knows :)

The new stuff sounds like Blind Guardian crossed with Iron Maiden, Red Baron was alright, The Reckoning sounded stupid in the chorus, and Hollow Man was a by the numbers IE ballad.

Im sure the Civil War trilogy will be good, and maybe theres some heavier stuff on the other tracks :headbang:

Spawn what are your thought that I.E will tour downunder, as its a "World Tour" and Rippers been here before maybe he could put a good word in for us aussie fans...........

Its a much better chance than it used to be, Jon came here for a holiday a year or so ago and went on and ON about it in one of his posts on the Iced Earth website, so he at least knows we exist. Dont know if any promoters will get them here though, but it would sellout if they did, im pretty sure of that, there seems to be a lot of IE fans in Australia, if a band like Soilwork or The Haunted can tour you would think IE would do alright.

We can but hope :headbang:

Ripper didn't get booed in Melbourne, so maybe he has something positive to say about our wee country too. :)

I read today that Ripper hasn't been confirmed as permanent vocalist yet, and had only signed on for the album. Is my source out of date? Has he been properly confirmed yet?