New Iced Earth Album - THE GLORIOUS BURDEN

Spruce Goose

Then Goose me up woman!
Apr 17, 2001
Sydney
scholar.uws.edu.au~13326874
Didnt even know they were recording a new album?? Well I'll be a son of a gun.

ICED EARTH's 'The Glorious Burden': More Song Titles Revealed - Dec. 7, 2002

ICED EARTH mastermind Jon Schaffer has revealed several more song titles that are set to be included on the group's upcoming "Glorious Burden" CD, due in late spring/early summer.

The guitarist — who is simultaneously working on the material for the sophomore effort from DEMONS & WIZARDS, his side project with BLIND GUARDIAN's Hansi Kursch — is hoping to begin recording the effort in January, most likely at Tampa's Morrisound Recording, where all of the band's previous albums were tracked.

Among the titles set to appear on "Glorious Burden" are the following:

01. The Reckoning (Don't Tread On Me)
02. Hollow Man
03. And The Anger Flows
04. Honesty and the Damage Done
05. Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death
06. When the Eagle Cries
07. Gettysburg
08. Red Badge of Courage
09. My Life
10. Tale of a Sale
11. Solitude II
12. The Glorious Burden
13. The Opportunist
14. The Haunting
15. This Virus Called Man
16. A Gift Or A Curse?
17. Ignorance is Bliss
18. Deception in the Desert

Says Schaffer: "These are working titles and may change slightly. Also, some of these tunes will end up being on DEMONS & WIZARDS since I'm working on both simultaneously."

Yeah, those song titles dont fill me with hope... When The Eagle Cries? Red Badge Of Courage? F**k off. But I shall reserve judgement until I hear it :D

Most of those will end up on the IE album, Jon posts on the band board on the IE website and talked a bit about them, it seemed like all the patriotic sounding ones and Tale Of A Sale, Solitude II and The Hollow Man will be on the IE one.

well an iced earth release hasnt dissapointed me yet
so im sure it will be a good album, although this album has stirred my curiosity more than any other iced earth release

Some people (I can think of at least one here) absolutely love it and have to change their undies after listening to it, but not me. I think it's boring.

Get the remastered and remixed version of Burnt Offerings, tis awesomely awesome in its awesomeness :D