Iced Earth - "The Glorious Burden" - This Tuesday!

TheGraveDigger

Heavy Metal Maniac
Sep 29, 2002
Union, NJ, USA
Don't forget that this Tuesday the brand new Iced Earth cd "The Glorious Burden" is in stores. I have my copy already and it just smokes. It was rough dealing with the fact that Barlow is no longer in the band but Ripper Owens is awesome and shines brightly with Iced Earth. The album is one of the finest yet and features an extra disc for the 32 minute epic "Gettysburg". Be sure to get your hands on whats sure to be one of the hottest albums of 2004.

I'm holding mine at work (Best Buy) as we speak. It's the 2 cd digi version. Normally $21, but I don't know how much I get it for. It doesn't matter to me, I'll pay the full price for an Iced Earth cd.

Make it four. I got stuck out of town and only made it home tonight by a fluke. I got it yesterday and am pretty damn happy with it. I can't wait to get some time at home where I can crank it and really absorb the feel. I'm also very happy with Ripper. Looks like they're back on the up and up!

Very good album. I've gotten some personal time with it, and i can now give my official verdict on it: it's very good, but not their best. It's better than both Something Wicked and Horror Show, about equal to Dark Saga, but just doesn't reach the greatness of the first three albums. It's probably their most power metal-ish album thus far, which doesn't suprise me, since IE have gotten more and more power metal-ish since Dark Saga, but even though i do prefer the more power/thrash stylings of the earlier stuff, i don't mind the new direction. Tim "Ripper" Owens fits the band quite well, as i thought he would. And Gettysburg.....whoa....this has got to be the band's best trilogy! Better than the Suffering trilogy, better than the Something Wicked Trilogy, it's so good. I was speechless when it was finished. But overall, i am happy with the new album.

Indeed. Gettysburg is flat out epic! I've been able to spend more time with the album as well and I like it a lot. Some of the riffs sound like they could have come from the Stormrider era also. Ripper fits very well and I'm anxious to see him perform on tour. The album doesn't top Burnt Offerings or Night of the Stormrider, but I think it's easily one of their best.

I was watching Uranium last night & saw a TV ad for Glorius Burden. They had clips for the "Eagle" video, but they have shot a video for Reckoning too. Two clips off this record. Can't wait to see those. I hope HBB has enough sense to get 'em in for an interview. The closest they will come to my area will be Seattle in May. I would kill to see them.

Psychonaut said:
Indeed. Gettysburg is flat out epic! I've been able to spend more time with the album as well and I like it a lot. Some of the riffs sound like they could have come from the Stormrider era also. Ripper fits very well and I'm anxious to see him perform on tour. The album doesn't top Burnt Offerings or Night of the Stormrider, but I think it's easily one of their best.

I Loved Stromrider too. I also love Dark Saga. This is easily their most accessable record. A great record to introduce the band to new fans.:worship:

I still dont see what is so awesome about this album. I've followed Iced Earth since the begining and I care the least for this one. I personally think the songwriting is a bit weak. Great riffing but there are no leads so the songs are too thin. And I just cannot get used to Owens.