Iced Earth - "The Glorious Burden" - This Tuesday!

Iced In Flames said:
I still dont see what is so awesome about this album. I've followed Iced Earth since the begining and I care the least for this one. I personally think the songwriting is a bit weak. Great riffing but there are no leads so the songs are too thin. And I just cannot get used to Owens.
You need to have some "fiber" in your diet man. You're soundin' a bit constipated. Could it be that maybe you're not "getting" it?! I could careless if I were the only one on this board that like the record. To me it's still fantastic! You're maikin' it sound like it's a mixed bag like St. Anger...

i must confess to have never heard any iced earth.you boys n girls recommend a good album of theirs to start with?break me in slowly?this whole half hour epic thing sounds a bit mad to kick it off if you know what i mean.
sixx-by mixed bag do you mean several types of crap,rather than one,to get the mix?(in ref to st underwhelmed)

baldyboy said:
i must confess to have never heard any iced earth.you boys n girls recommend a good album of theirs to start with?break me in slowly?this whole half hour epic thing sounds a bit mad to kick it off if you know what i mean.
sixx-by mixed bag do you mean several types of crap,rather than one,to get the mix?(in ref to st underwhelmed)
Mixed bag? I was referring to the guy that says he doesn't care for the disc. No it's no mixed bag. This disc has like two filler tracks, Greenface & Red Baron/Blue Max. I think you could pick up this disc(Glorious Burden) get the feel for the band. I think this would be a great disc to break you in. You see Tim Owens is new to the band. The Gettysburg disc is the second disc. You can get to that when you get to that, but the first disc in it's self is great. Like I said two filler tracks. If you choose to seek out some of their older stuff I would suggest Night of The Stormrider, Days of Purgatory, Dark Saga or even Horror Show(which has a classic monsters theme to it).

Aw man. I like Greenface!

If I had to recommend any of their discs, they would be Night Of The Stormrider, Burnt Offerings, or Dark Saga. Something Wicked is pretty damn good too. I think Horror Show is easily their weakest. Also if you don't mind live albums, get the Alive In Athens 3 CD set. Excellent production and a great spread of their catalog.

Must be cos of your Military background? Hell, I don't have Live in Athens yet...
Shame on me. I'm still new to the band. Been listening to them 1.5 years.
Horror show is a bit weak, but still better than most things being issued by established or reunited bands these days...

so, start with the new and if i like the sounds then night of the stormrider should be next,going by you two.thats what i'll do then.
sixx,with ref to the mixed bag-sorry for going on,i didnt mean to suggest that iced earths new album was a mixed bag-all of you boys that have got it have said its v.good.i was surprised that you were referring to st anger as a mixed bag,rather than the out n out shite that most people think of it.

sixxswine said:
Wow another "sucks" post. Did you have to reach deep into to your bag of tricks for this one? Better yet. Why did you even reply? I mean, if you could careless, why not at least tell us why? "Sucks" doesn't tell me shit...

Who says I cared less?

I was interested in new iced earth and didn't know that ripper was singing.
when I heard it from my friend I said, dang, this sounds as if ripper owens were singing. He just spoiled it for me, I mean, arent there enough good metal singers out there, why did they have to get ripper?
And I replied because the title of the thread was open to do so. :p

sorry if I insulted anyone with suck posts, but I would rather have suck posts exist rather than think that everybody likes something.

where you did get me is that I didn't explain myself. well, here you go, a redneck for power metal singer? And everybody says he can achieve shrieks, well I havent heard a decnt one from him yet.

The saYer said:
And everybody says he can achieve shrieks, well I havent heard a decnt one from him yet.

Did you ever him Live when he was with Priest, Ear peircing screams the Kids got it,Granted He doesnt fit IE perfectly yet but give it time great things are gonna happen

Damn. You guys have me pysched up to buy this mother. I'll definitely have to get the double disc, too, since it sounds like Gettysburg is the crown jewel according to you guys. I am waiting for a connection to come through but if I don't get it by the weekend I'll probably go ahead and drop the cash. SWINE, Live In Athens sounds like a pretty good idea too...maybe I'll drop a gift card and get them both together. The only Iced Earth disc I have (and you guys will all flame me for this) is TRIBUTE TO THE GODS. But I do love the beefed up sound to the old classics! Schaffer is great in my book.

The saYer said:
Who says I cared less?

I was interested in new iced earth and didn't know that ripper was singing.
when I heard it from my friend I said, dang, this sounds as if ripper owens were singing. He just spoiled it for me, I mean, arent there enough good metal singers out there, why did they have to get ripper?
And I replied because the title of the thread was open to do so. :p

sorry if I insulted anyone with suck posts, but I would rather have suck posts exist rather than think that everybody likes something.

where you did get me is that I didn't explain myself. well, here you go, a redneck for power metal singer? And everybody says he can achieve shrieks, well I havent heard a decnt one from him yet.
Sayer I didn't mean to bust your balls. I just can't stand people using the word "sucks" to describe something that they dislike. You can like whatever you like brother!