New guitarist for Iced Earth

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
Former DEATH touring guitarist and current MILLENIUM axeman Ralph Santolla has joined ICED EARTH as a replacement for Larry Tarnowski, who left the group earlier in the year in order to continue his studies. Santolla reportedly plans to keep working on new MILLENIUM material and has recently welcomed singer Todd Plant back into the fold for the band's future releases.

ICED EARTH are currently on the lookout for a new frontman following the departure of Matt Barlow earlier in the month. A new album, titled "Glorious Burden", is due before the end of the year through SPV/Steamhammer Records.

Never heard of him :D

Haha, yeah, but if he has been in Death he is obviously pretty technically proficient at least!

Apparently the new vocalist will be announced soon too, their Wacken appearence still hasnt been cancelled, the promoters said so, they will know this week if it is... But I heard that they WILL play... All hearsay mind you...

Interesting....Jon probably used the time after when Matt first mentioned he might leave in december to start casually looking for a vocalist. Then when Matt packed up and left Jon probably just called up the guy and said you are in :)

Or something like that anyway :)

Yep, it might be wrong of course, but maybe not... It just better not be a power metal vocalist :(

I agree. All those vocalists people have been saying would be good on the ie forum on here and other places would sound crap in Iced Earth. I hope he doesnt do it :(

But Im sure Jon wouldnt anyway because he hates power metal doesnt he? :)

I always thought Iced Earth were power metal.

Oh well, I really don't know any suitable replacements for him :D

A power metal vocalist would suck in IE.

Barlow dammit, baaaaaaaaaaarlow!

Yeh, i'm still in denial... ;)

I don't care who suggested it first, it's still funny!

Thomething Wicked Thith Way Cometh?
The Dark Thaga?
Night of the Thtormrider?

:lol:

The first five rows of any IE gig would be drenched in Starchild saliva :lol:. Plus the combined egos of Schaffer and Stanley would make Clash of the Titans look like a kindergarten sports day.

W

Wrathchild said:
I don't care who suggested it first, it's still funny!

Thomething Wicked Thith Way Cometh?
The Dark Thaga?
Night of the Thtormrider?

:lol:

The first five rows of any IE gig would be drenched in Starchild saliva :lol:. Plus the combined egos of Schaffer and Stanley would make Clash of the Titans look like a kindergarten sports day.

W

Then I'd hate to think of what it would be like if they got Axl Rose ;)

Yeah but Jon is bullshitting, theres no way Matts performance was substandard. He just didnt want to release an album with Matt on vocals then perform all the songs with a new guy and have everyone comparing them, which is sort of understandable.

I dont believe for a second that Matts performance wasnt good enough :D