Someone else leaves Iced Earth! HUGE SHOCK!

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
Ralph Santolla left the band now. Cripes. It never ends. Jon should just hire session musicians for the drums and lead guitar. I respect his songwriting ability, but Jon obviously couldnt keep a band together if his life depended on it, so why doesnt he just hire musicians to tour, then nobody would be left in any doubt where they stand.

A statement from Jon Schaffer about how Ralph had nothing to do with the sound of Iced Earth, didnt write anything good for the albums, was just a lead guitar player, not a songwriter and how this wont affect the band at all is expected soon.

Hmm. I thought they were just glorified session musicians, with Iced Earth being Jon and, to a lesser extent, whoever the singer is at the time.

Ralph is joing Sebastian Bachs band now... He is going to think Jon is a choirboy by the time Bach is finished with him...

At least Jon can write great songs :)

Since always. :)

Although there is some great lead guitar on The Glorious Burden (in particular, the solo in Red Baron/Blue Max being awesome), this doesn't bother me at all, and if someone was going to leave the band, I am glad it was him. He was the weakest link, goodbye.

Yeah I know, it doesnt really matter, but still, im amazed the band is still going, I dont know for sure, but Iced Earth must have had the most members of any heavy metal band EVER... At least for a band on the success level they have reached.

I think its a bit telling that nobody who has left Iced Earth has ever gone on to do anything in music, it seems like they complain they want to write more, then he kicks them out, then they do nothing...

blessed.jpg

Thats one of the two covers for the best of album coming out in late July... Pretty rocking :headbang: No doubt the other will be Angels.