Iced Earth - the Reckoning

Ralph

Sharkbait ouh hah hah !
Dec 2, 2003
There
Visit site
Has anyone checked the new Single "the Reckoning"from Iced Earth? :headbang:

When I heard the news Mathew Barlow was not with Iced Earth anymore, I doubted if they where able to find a good replacement.
Matthew was one of the best Metal singer ever imo, and I thought it would be hard to find someone in his league
Well........they did.
The Reckoning totally Rocks, and I didn't expected Tim Owens ( ex-Judas Priest ) to fit so well in Iced Earth.

The Glorious Burden is coming out January 12th, can't wait.
Hope some others over here will be pleased with this as well :hotjump:

they did some good songs once (burnt offerings), now it's all this patriotic concept i really hate. the bollox with them. they're really huge down here by the way.

Huuuaaaarrrgggh :mad:
Crap crap crap
I'm angry and sad, cos I used to love Iced Earth. So when I heard about Matt leaving the band, it was kinda shocking to me cos his voice is very unique... I heard 4 songs with Owens and now I totally totally hate it :( It has totally changed imo. And I know many people agree with me. Also, the concept and lyrics (and artwork :ill: ) are very cheesy and so ehhh... political :erk:

Cerulean said:
But still, the Iced Earth gig I've been to 2 years ago, was the best gig I have ever seen in my life. Nothing else has come close to it yet.... And I've seen so many bands already.
You mean the gig with 3 sets?
Old set
wicked set
horror set

I agree with you

Just give them a chance :err:

Ralph said:
You mean the gig with 3 sets?
Old set
wicked set
horror set

I agree with you

Just give them a chance :err:
Yeah that gig... Fucking ace it was!!!!
And I've given the new Iced Earth some chances already... I've tried a few times, but I can not just like it for the sake of it eh... I simply hate it, it makes me cringe. I hate to say this you know, really.
And like Sol said, the patriotism. Yuk.

sol83 said:
yeah well, the gig i was into was more than amazing.

For some reason, the Slayer audiance always seems to be a bit,....funny.....weird..
...but hey.... you can have a good pit, no one bothers :headbang:

I am looking forward for the new album, I haven't heard the single but seems to me that Tim Owens would fit well in the band, he has a nice voice but one that cannot be compared to that of Mathew Barlow...anyways hopes they do a good job.

Burnt Offerings is for me loads better than anything else they've done.
Fuck it's weird... Iced Earth don't like Burnt Offerings at all. Opeth's Morningrise is their best imo, again, Opeth themselves don't really like it. Same with Metallica's And Justice for All, Anathema's Eternity and I think I could name a few more. All me favourite albums but the artists themselves don't like em.

'The Glorious Burden' is not political, it's about history. Besides these few songs about american history, there are also tracks about Waterloo, Attila the Hun or the 'Red Baron' von Richthofen. I've read in an interview that Mr. Schaffer is sick about the fact, that most of the american youth have no clue about their own history.
I don't really lik Tim Owens, but I think he is better than Barlow in the faster song. On the other hand Barlow was brilliant in the slower ones.

schaffer's comments on his last interviews hare are way too political and patriotic, i can assure you of that. i wouldn't care tho, if they still did good music.