Iced Earth - The Reckoning single... your thoughts?

Marlies

veteran headbanger \m/
Jan 3, 2002
Regina, SK, Canada
www.wobben.org
What's your thought about the new Iced Earth single? I have to say that Tim Owens fits the band better than I had ever imagined, but I still miss the thing that made Matt Barlow so fucking special: EMOTION. The Reckoning is a pretty good song, the rest I don't like as much (yet?). Esp. in the more aggressive parts Tim's vocals are more screaming and he doesn't put as much emotion in. When he sings those climax parts (no naughty thoughts now! ;)) you think "he sings great". When Matthew sang those, you'd get goosebumps all over, yoiur heart would break and you'd think "awwww man, he's in PAIN"!!

Ripper's vocals on "The Reckoning" as well as THE RECKONING CD are more of a return to the NIGHT OF THE STORMRIDER era for Iced Earth, in my opinion. It indeed does seem to be a perfect fit for Iced Earth, yet has a freshness to it.

I do miss Matt and his massive vocals. I always believed he was one of the greatest metal singers of all time. And hearing his back-up vocals on "When The Eagle Cries" was a bit of a heartbreak. But I am ready for the new Iced Earth and welcome Ripper Owens with open arms. This is probably one of the strongest Iced Earth line-ups ever, and the future looks great!