I finally got the new amp

ahjteam

Anssi Tenhunen
And here is the first test drive of the Mode Four...

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1338211/newamptest.mp3

modefour.jpg

Settings:
Channel 1, gain 5 (o clock), reverb 0, bass 12, mids 12, treble 12

first with just the guitar and the amp, the second clip with TS9 (level 10, tone 9, drive 8)

recorded from fx loop > recabinet impulse (tangerine 4x12, 57 mic, 6L6 57 cap 1)

What do you think? (edit: sorry about the sloppy playing)

get some dual tracks of that with some drums and bass! It doesn't sound too bad at all, although i think a good bass sound would be absolutely crucial to it working in a mix

No offense, but this sounded really muddy, undefined, fizzy AND fuzzy!
Might be useful for some Stoner/Doom-stuff though.

If I'm honest it sounds pretty bad, although the playing in both clips isn't helping.

If this is what you got to get away from ampsims, I have to say you've been horribly ripped off.

My cabinet still hasn't arrived from Thomann so I had to record from the fx-loop and put it thru impulse. And I tried reamping for the first time with X-Amp and I had to remove one of my monitor cables and it seems that the output levels from RME was too low so it didn't sound the way it was supposed to and it was 3AM so couldn't bother to troubleshoot. I'll make a new cable today anyway so I can have both monitors connected.

I wondered about this comment yesterday, but I was adjusting the tone late at night, but when I turned up the volume today a while ago it was really muddy, like this:

scott-stuck-in-mudd-P.jpg

:lol:

PS: I updated the rust v3 with different impulse. Still not stellar, but atleast a bit better

Yeah, it seems a little bit better, but everything sounds VERY muffled.
I really dont think you will get any really good tones out of this amp, im just getting that practice amp feeling out of it.. kind of like a Peavey Rage or something.

hey, i've had a modefour for afew years now.. and i've always used OD1 and Crunch channel(with OD808). I'll try and hook my up tonight, and have a play around with it. hopefully i'll post some clips up!