I finally met THE METAL GOD!!

In case you didn't find my message in MySpace...I Hate You! :D

Good for you! Needless to say I am green with envy.
My Metal God anecdote: a few years ago when Rob was still on his solo trip, he was going to do a show in Las Vegas (with Testament opening!) and I travelled 2 days by bus to get there, when I arrived I was informed that the show had been cancelled! I was VERY dissapointed but at least I got to spend a couple of days in Vegas.
When I got home I visited his website where he stated that he couldn't do the Vegas show because he was denied entry into the US because of some stupid work visa misunderstanding. Anyway, the website stated that anyone who had travelled from afar (like me) could get a free t-shirt if we wrote to the site giving our name and address. I did so not really expecting anything but a few months later I recieved in the mail, not a t-shirt but a copy of the Fourging the Furnace EP available only in Japan and autographed by Halford himself as well as his band! The Metal God is just too cool.

Wow! Good for you Kitty! :)

Cool Desert Demon! Shows Priest cares about his fans! :)

a few months later I recieved in the mail, not a t-shirt but a copy of the Fourging the Furnace EP available only in Japan and autographed by Halford himself as well as his band! The Metal God is just too cool.

Damn cool indeed.

desert demon, totally awesome!! He is such a nice guy. He took the time to talk to everyone, the band hung out after the premiere in the lobby taking pics and Rob stayed until he spoke/met all there. Was a great night, the only thing that would've made it better was to see Fight perform live!

That is totally freaking cool by him. Glad you had a good time.

Bryant

desert demon, totally awesome!! He is such a nice guy. He took the time to talk to everyone, the band hung out after the premiere in the lobby taking pics and Rob stayed until he spoke/met all there. Was a great night, the only thing that would've made it better was to see Fight perform live!

I am extremely jealous. I have been begging for a phone interview with the man and so far nothing. He is one of my top ten "interviews I must do before I die".

He has always come across as a very down to earth guy that truly loves his fans. How one can be the Metal God and have no ego is beyond me.

I met the Metal God once, in 1988. It was quite up close and personal as he was hitting on me (I was young and slim and had blonde hair down to my asshole back then)at the Mason Jar in Phoenix. It was the one time in my life where I actually thought about being gay. It was the Metal God after all! But I chickened out. I was mostly blubbering and stammering anyway, in shock that one of my metal heroes approached me (even if it was only to get in my pants).

Aahhh...the memories of my youth! Good times indeed.

I had one chance to meet him after a Halford show but he wouldn't come off the bus. Security kept telling us he was gone but you could see his bald head in the back (or was it Wyvern :err:). Anyway, I held strong until there were only a few people left but he still stayed in there. Metal Mike was a really cool guy, though.

It was me, Rob left with TSO never found it where :heh:

That is NOT TRUE! :heh:

Wyvern said:
Wrong move you could be Mrs. Halford now.

Trust me, I've thought about that alot over the years! But I keep reminding myself that I've yet to form a long relationship with anyone with breasts (which I adore), so it likely wouldn't have worked out with a penis either.

Trust me, I've thought about that alot over the years! But I keep reminding myself that I've yet to form a long relationship with anyone with breasts (which I adore), so it likely wouldn't have worked out with a penis either.

Nah, you missing the point. You married the guy then divorce and get alimony from the Metal God :loco: (sounds powerful isn't it? :lol:)you can even put it on t-shirt: I own the Metal God!

Nah, you missing the point. You married the guy then divorce and get alimony from the Metal God :loco: (sounds powerful isn't it? :lol:)you can even put it on t-shirt: I own the Metal God!

I'm pretty sure he he hasn't been married either, so likely I just woulda got butt-humped and then sent on my way long before I got to Mrs. Halford status!

I can't hang with that, even from the Metal God. Doro, on the other hand...well, she can molest me anytime, no strings attached.