I forgot KISS was THIS cheezy....

tedvanfrehley

Your Favorite Uncle
May 28, 2003
the bluegrass state
Visit site
So I picked up the KISS - 20th Century Millenium Collection of videos on dvd today at Best Buy for $4.99!!!!!!!!!! A great price but there's only 5 videos on this thing and only ONE (Crazy Nights) that's not on the "Exposed" dvd which I already have but for the price of a magazine I figured what the hell. Anyways, I sat and watched it a few minutes ago and OH MY were the 80's bad to them! Anyone who thinks the "reunited" KISS or the neverending Farwell KISS is cheezy need only watch the "Tears are Fallin' " or "Lick It Up" videos to feel as if you've just eaten 12 jars of glue...nauseating....

Gene Simmons looks in these non makeup videos like a bad extra from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre...but not in a good way...more in a warped, derranged, I might like to see you squeal like a pig way...The faces he makes and the tongue thing just don't work without the DEMON persona intact....

Vinnie Vincent and Paul Stanley....sheeshh.....I'm not saying either one of them would suck a dick...but I bet they WOULD hold one in their mouth until the next homosexual came along...NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT!!!!!!!!!

Eric Carr and Bruce Kulick are the only ones who pull this thing through. And KISS are my favorite band of all time so nobody get their bowels in an uproar. I'm just busting balls here...Even with all the cheeze...I still sing along. Even to "Tears Are Falling".

I love it loud
Ted

No Matter what KISS did back in their Glory Days, paint or no Paint, they were too over the top. Sometimes to the point where, well like you said "made you nausious."
I read a track by track review on Blabblermouth on Gene's solo disc, it actaully looks listenable. I have a contact @ BMG that promises to score me a advance copy. For nuthin' you can't lose.

I reckon Kiss' video clips in the non-makeup era were awesome!!!

Who Wants To Be Lonely, Uh All Night, Reason To Live and All Hell's Breakin' Loose are their 4 best videos I think! Tears Are Falling rocks too, so does Crazy Crazy Nights and Turn On The Night! And Let's Put The X In Sex, You Make Me Rock Hard... I love all their clips!

Lick It Up is a bit cheesy though haha.

Those videos were ok but not as good as the '80s ones. "Hot In The Shade" had good videos too... Hide Your Heart is awesome.