I Found The Son Of A (censored)!!!

Oct 26, 2002
RainbowLand
www.youtube.com
Brave Yester Days

I was once again strolling through Sam Goody...yes...Sam Goody! :Spin:

When I came across the CD I've been looking for in my local record store but couldn't find...

BRAVE YESTER DAYS!!!

Finally that early chunk of Katatonia is mine!!!

You guys have been telling me to get it all, and I figured just the LP's would do. Boy did I get that wrong! The EP's are awesome!!! The first disc sounds pretty much like I thought it would, since I have DANCE OF DECEMBER SOULS. That great doom/death power.

The second disc was more of a suprise...but quite a pleasant one. The majority of it was the Mikael Akerfeldt Katatonia...his death vocals were quite strong, as strong as anything in Opeth. And the Katatonia riffs were just...majestic. The final EP, SAW YOU DROWN, was the biggest suprise for me. I wasn't expecting the 'new' Katatonia sound to be on this collection. I figured it would start with THE DISCOURAGED ONES, the CD I most want to get at this point. But it was...and it was downright haunting. Easily some of their best stuff. The SAW YOU DROWN EP is some kind of f*cking masterpiece. It's the true meaning of turning something sorrowful into beauty. It's what that kind of depressing, glorious music is supposed to sound like. In other words, I was impressed. :dopey: :D

Three to go...BRAVE MURDER DAY, THE DISCOURAGED ONES, and LAST FAIR DEAL GONE DOWN.