I fucking hate it when big acts change their songs at concerts

Danolich

Folkblaze
Mar 9, 2004
NYC
I'm watching this Madonna concert on bravo and shes doing "erotica" and it's like some piano dance hall remix version of the song that fucking sucks. Now shes doing La Isla Bonita and it sucks as well, actually that song always sucked but if you're charging 80 dollars for tickets you better play those fucking songs the way people want to hear them. I'm watching this on TV for free and I'm pissed.

Jeeze, she shits out a few kids and totally loses her balls. I liked Madonna much more when she was slutty.

U2 does this shit as well. I don't give a fuck how sick you are of playing the songs and niether does the rest of the world that you are trying to save, BONO. I wish I could turn into a villain from captain planet and eat Bono in front of 4 million starving African children.

*I actually had to edit this because I was corrected that tickets for Madonna's last tour were 150 dollars and up and not 80 as I had previously put.

Yeah that's kind of stupid too, Metallica style "here's some riffs! in a row! Disregard structure, dynamics, aesthetic consistency, Burton's dead, let's go, go go!"

one time at this motW gig we had this setlist of like 7 songs or something and we decided to break up "catharsis of sea sleep...and dreaming shrines" into two parts and play one at the beginning and one closer to the end....

...yeah it didn't work as well as we had hoped.

It kind of disappoints me when the singer decides to sing a not-as-resonant harmony part instead of the real lead. I know why they do it (they've sung it 100000 times and are way bored of doing it the same every time) but sometimes it kind of sinks the best part of the song.

Sadly, most of the time when bands change things around, it sucks. However, when I saw Kayo Dot do that guitar version of the ending of Antique, I was really impressed with how it sounded practically as beautiful as the piano version (I prefer the piano though). So it doesn't always suck to change things up...!

It kind of disappoints me when the singer decides to sing a not-as-resonant harmony part instead of the real lead. I know why they do it (they've sung it 100000 times and are way bored of doing it the same every time) but sometimes it kind of sinks the best part of the song.

I always thought they did that because the harmony parts are generally lower and easier to sing when you're dancing around and stuff.

Sadly, most of the time when bands change things around, it sucks. However, when I saw Kayo Dot do that guitar version of the ending of Antique, I was really impressed with how it sounded practically as beautiful as the piano version (I prefer the piano though). So it doesn't always suck to change things up...!

There is a huge difference between seeing bands like Kayo Dot and acts like Madonna/U2/Rolling Stones/etc. For artists like that charging insane ticket prices, playing their hits should just come with the territory, it's of course understandable that they are bored of playing old songs but if that's the case it's better to not even bother playing them. The re-writes are obviously half-assed and everyone in the audience can tell. Besides with the extensive catalog that most of them have they can pick and choose which old songs to do anyway. All I'm really saying is that huge bands/artists like that should respect the audience responsible for their excessive wealth.