I HATE tribute bands....BUT.....HOLY S&@T! These chicks rule!

XXXsexinOC

UNSCARRED BY TRIALS
Jun 1, 2005
Lake Forest,CA
www.voyeurweb.com
Okay...here's the deal: I normally hate tribute bands just for the mere fact that I don't often feel that the "tribute" part of the band is good enough or true enough to the original artist. HOWEVER, in the case of these kick ass chicks, The Iron Maidens...I'm fucking impressed as hell! OMG, these gals kick some serious ass!

I saw them play last Sunday at Diablo's in Lake Forest, CA. Basically, I go to this club cuz I live across the street and have seen that place through different owners and themes, plus I have friends that work there. I had actually never heard of this group, and could have really cared less to see them until the weekend before. Everyone was ranting and raving about how good these chicks were, so I figured that I'd give them the benefit of the doubt...and I'm glad I did!

So, now I'm hooked... Y'all are by far the best tribute band I've ever seen in my life...and I'm a hard critic to impress. I grew up as a rock and metal drummer in the 80's-early 90's and played quite a bit of Maiden myself, so naturally I was going into the gig being quite the skeptic.

I just wanna say "thanks" for the ball kicking show! Y'all tore that place up and have to date, had the biggest crowd that any live band has had there! I know that The Lynch Mob is playing there within the next couple of weeks, and I seriously doubt that they'll be able to fill the place the way y'all did!

And on another note, as everyone already knows, you chicks are HOT! OMG! I was standing at the side bar before they came out, I believe that I was in front of the makeshift dressing room, and the guitar player (stage right - lead?) came out with her guitar case. I of course asked her if she was in the band to which she replied "yes", then I next see her on stage...OMG, can that chick whale on the guitar! AND, she looks hotter than hell doing it, headbanging, singing....what guy wouldn't wanna marry this chick? The bass player = extremely hot and beautiful smile, singer = also hot and emulates Bruce Dickinson well (but much better looking)! The drummer = HOT, well versed in the ways and even gives Nicko himself a run for his money, the other guitarist = HOT, and throws down the riffs like no other.

Damn, I was so turned on by watching these chicks that I was sporting wood through the 1st 3 songs!

So, kick ass job! I hope y'all come back to Lake Forest and bless the OC with more of your talents...we all know that we need more of you out here in Yuppie-ville!

Thanks for the fun ladies!
Mike

Hi Mike! :wave: Welcome to our BB's! Sounds like you had a good time! :hotjump: Always good to make the Maiden fanatics happy and an added bonus when the fanatics are also musicians, cuz you can't squeek by with anything wrong! LOL! We'll be back there for sure! I used to be wary of tribute bands too way back when, before I really understood their purpose.......and then I saw the Atomic Punks to see what it was all about. It totally changed my mind about it all. I happen to Loooooove early Van Halen and those guys nailed it, and I will never get to see that era of Van Halen again so it's the next best thing!

Anyway, please check our website for upcoming shows near you! See ya! :headbang:

Hey did you know every time you go to the symphony you’re watching a tribute band? Most likely they’re play Beethoven and the like. Just a little something to think about.

I don't like it when tribute bands look like accountants and have no clue about how to put on a stage performance. Looks like Mr Tiple X here really appreciates the whole package of the Maidens. A great rock show includes great songs, musicianship, sex appeal and stage presence.

XXXsexinOC said:
Okay...here's the deal: I normally hate tribute bands just for the mere fact that I don't often feel that the "tribute" part of the band is good enough or true enough to the original artist. HOWEVER, in the case of these kick ass chicks, The Iron Maidens...I'm fucking impressed as hell! OMG, these gals kick some serious ass!

I saw them play last Sunday at Diablo's in Lake Forest, CA. Basically, I go to this club cuz I live across the street and have seen that place through different owners and themes, plus I have friends that work there. I had actually never heard of this group, and could have really cared less to see them until the weekend before. Everyone was ranting and raving about how good these chicks were, so I figured that I'd give them the benefit of the doubt...and I'm glad I did!

So, now I'm hooked... Y'all are by far the best tribute band I've ever seen in my life...and I'm a hard critic to impress. I grew up as a rock and metal drummer in the 80's-early 90's and played quite a bit of Maiden myself, so naturally I was going into the gig being quite the skeptic.

I just wanna say "thanks" for the ball kicking show! Y'all tore that place up and have to date, had the biggest crowd that any live band has had there! I know that The Lynch Mob is playing there within the next couple of weeks, and I seriously doubt that they'll be able to fill the place the way y'all did!

And on another note, as everyone already knows, you chicks are HOT! OMG! I was standing at the side bar before they came out, I believe that I was in front of the makeshift dressing room, and the guitar player (stage right - lead?) came out with her guitar case. I of course asked her if she was in the band to which she replied "yes", then I next see her on stage...OMG, can that chick whale on the guitar! AND, she looks hotter than hell doing it, headbanging, singing....what guy wouldn't wanna marry this chick? The bass player = extremely hot and beautiful smile, singer = also hot and emulates Bruce Dickinson well (but much better looking)! The drummer = HOT, well versed in the ways and even gives Nicko himself a run for his money, the other guitarist = HOT, and throws down the riffs like no other.

Damn, I was so turned on by watching these chicks that I was sporting wood through the 1st 3 songs!

So, kick ass job! I hope y'all come back to Lake Forest and bless the OC with more of your talents...we all know that we need more of you out here in Yuppie-ville!

Thanks for the fun ladies!
Mike

nothing wrong with Tributes, it's better than hearing crappy house bands ( I love original music too, Nemesis fan in Norfolk) all the time, tribute bands that do it right are a blast!