I got my anthrax tickets!

Jockthrax

Mar 9, 2002
Glasgow
www.anthrax.com
I got my tickets booked for Anthrax and motorhead this morning, so im a very happy camper..However as im going to the gig anyway i might as well stay for motorhead and i dont know any of thier stuff! can anyone recommend any albums to check out?

Motorhead are fuckin awesome. You MUST stay and see them as they will blow your eardrums.
Albums to get
Bastards
We are Motorhead
Ace of Spades
No sleep till Hammersmith
or best of all get hold of a copy of "Everything louder than anyone else". Motorhead at there live ear crushing best.
In fact get any of them!

How the hell did you mange to book your tickets? I've just called the SECC ticket number (as quoted in Kerrang) and they say that they have no tickets because the show is not confirmed yet.

Please let me know where you got your tickets from as I need to get some as near the stage as possible.

Cheers.

Dino, my mum works for the BBC in Glasgow and got me in on a press pass. I've wrangled this a few times but this is the one Im most happy about. Having spoken to my best mate who is an even bigger 'thrax fan than me, he got on to the SECC and they said it will be a matter of days before its announced officially (probably saturday b4 tickets are there).
Dont worry about it you will get tickets.
P.S. Did you see that Billy Connolly is playin there on the 29,30,31 of August....

The tickets for glasgow are now on sale!!! this is a relief because for the last week I have been the only person in this feckin country with a damn ticket (free as it may be) ...
The only problem i can see is that this venue is an all seater. With a classic venue like the Barrowlands just a mile or so away why punish the fans in a room more used to the Ronan Keatings of the world....
:mad:

MOTORHEAD RULE!!!!!
I'll reccomend the following by Motorhead......
Overkill (79)
Another Perfect Day (83)
Orgasmatron (86)
Rock N Roll (87)
1916 (91)
Bastards (93)
Sacrifice (95)
Overnight Sensation (96)
Snakebite Love (98)

Their early to mid ninties stuff is really heavy!!!!!!

Get bang for your buck if you don't have any of their stuff. I highly recommend the box set, with 4 packed CD's with all their best stuff over the course of their career. Guaranteed that most of the stuff they play live will be on this set, plus a lot of other cool tunes.

If you want just a single album, get "No Remorse" (1984), which is basically a greatest hits/b-sides compilation from early in their career, or "The Best of Motorhead" double CD released in 2000 in fairly comprehensive.

Of course, if all you want is a taste, with some Anthrax thrown in for good measure, pick up the "Airheads" soundtrack, where Motorhead has a cool tune called "Born to Raise Hell" (with extra vocals by Whitfield Crane and Ice T), not to mention the very cool Thrax cover of "London". There's a couple other decent tracks on there, making it a worthwhile purchase.

Better still buy 'Boneshaker' its a DVD of their 25th anniversary gig at Brixton Academy...so not only can you listen to them, but watch them in action as well.
Worth buying just to see the Bomber lighting rig!

MHB