I got to meet Jeff Loomis

Via Noctis

Jun 23, 2007
Wisconsin
The other day I just got home from work and my friend brought over Jeff Loomis to say hi and see my studio. I wish I would have had time to change out of my work clothes.:erk: I gotta say he is a very nice guy. :kickass:

davusloomis1.jpg

Awesome man! was he cool? or was he a dick? I always thought that he would act like a dick to other people but maybe i'm wrong!

:lol: Thats awesome!!! I'm gonna play the part of a broken record by saying I, too, wish my friend would "just bring Jeff Loomis over to say Hi".
Who're you friends with, dude?!

Well, I didn't want to get into specifics, especially since I know I have mentioned it before. Jeff grew up in my home town, a friend of mine grew up with him and started playing guitar together. Naturally when I found this out. I was like. "Dude, I'd give my left testical to meet him." And since I have done some extensive studio work for him for very cheap. He must have talked Jeff into checking out my studio. It through me off guard. I just got a text saying someone wants to check out your studio. I get home from work and Jeff Loomis is at my door. I was so star struck I couldn't talk. He was totally cool though. Kinda guy that would be cool to hang out with. He was only here for 15 min. I just asked him about his rig and a few things, he mentioned he really likes his Engl.

and by the way Jeff's friend that grew up with him is a really fucking good guitar player too!:headbang::kickass:

He also mentioned a few things about working with Peter Wickers, he said it seems like everyone is recording with laptops. I guess he doesn't even use a mouse with it, all keyboard shortcuts.. Damn, that's alot of memorizing.

Awesome stuff man. Truly one of the best guitarists in modern metal, I can imagine what an honor it would have been to have met him.

Meeting 'famous people' or 'heroes' can be difficult. I met Joe Barresi last year at NAMM, hung out for a night, and we hit it off pretty much straight away. But I met Adam Jones of Tool last night... and I just made myself look like a tit!! :lol: