I had a dream... and it was pretty fucked.

Mark

Not blessed, or merciful
Apr 11, 2001
Sarf Lundin, Innit
Ok. Ages ago I had a dream that Iron Maiden held a concert on the grounds of Michael Jackson's estate (and that that gig ended up being the RiR DVD show).

With that as background:

Last night I had a dream. Maiden were holding ANOTHER 2 gigs at Michael Jackson's estate. The dream started with the gig in progress. I was working backstage - the main stage feature was a huge ladder which Bruce climbed at the end of the show, and then jumped off, landing on a trampoline and disappearing backstage, where I was waiting, holding a ladder for him to climb down - meanwhile the rest of the band were finishing the show and preparing for the encore.

The encore consisted of a semi-acoustic version of 22 Acacia Avenue. It featured backing singers/dancers, Lars Ulrich (!) on acoustic guitar (!), and Steve The Pirate from the movie Dodgeball on acoustic guitar, and he was ALSO the show's producer - and was commentating the show in my head while it was played (sounded awesome btw, except for some nu-metallish stop-starts).

Suddenly, cut to the next day. I am chaperoning some Maiden fans through an LA suburb, where they were to get a lift to MJ's estate to meet him and Maiden. We met MJ and his bodyguards on the forecourt of a service station. I followed one of the bodyguard's to MJ's SUV, narrowly escaping a landmine ("Just bored Minnesota teenagers," Michael Jackson explained.). We piled into the SUV, with me driving, and went on to his property. He had no front fence to his large estate, just a large semi-corporate sign out the front reading "Michael Jackson MC". I drove over his front yard to the front door.

MJ disappeared. With me were Spiff and my older brother. We walked into the house, and I was greeted by a cropped-hair'd ginger bloke wearing mental-ward pyjamas. We said hello like old friends.

We walked out the back to where Maiden's yacht was, where their roadcrew were stretched out in the sun being very surly. Spiff said that he never liked them, and my older brother pointed to some other blokes sitting around, and said "These blokes are ok though".

We walked back inside. I was checking out some photos on the wall, near a closed door, where I could hear some faint screams. As I got closer to the door, the youngest daughter from the Cosby Show pushed me away and said I wasn't allowed near it.

Now I could hear the screams more clearly. A bunch of black kids with cigar burns on their back were playing nearby. I said, "What're they doing in there?" (I knew it was MJ and a kid)

One of the kids laughed - "They're fucking each other!"

I woke up.

That was pretty fuckin fucked! :)