I hate being hungry all the time

Whats up with all the sandwiches??

Eat a really good breakfast like oatmeal (its not that good but..) and some good wholemeal bread.
then some fruit before dinner at 12-13.00. And then if you're hungry in the afternoon eat some protein bar or whatever and then eat a proper dinner at 18-19.00.

^

Say i work from 9-1800. Eat breakfast around 8.00 then im gonna be hungry at 12 so i eat something cooked at 12 (dinner) and eat once again a cooked meal at 19.00.
is it that strange?

No man, I understand what you are saying, I just made a little joke, because 'dinner' is a meal in the evening, as far as I know (as breakfast-lunch-dinner) ;)

marcus, get on adderoll, i don't know if you have adhd, but i take adderol for weightloss (oops) it keeps you from eating haha

No man, I understand what you are saying, I just made a little joke, because 'dinner' is a meal in the evening, as far as I know (as breakfast-lunch-dinner) ;)

the way i see it is breakfast , dinner , tea

in school the ladies seving the mid day meal are called dinner ladies

Drink more fluids.
Your body also sends the signals of feeling 'hungry' when you are low on fluids but most people prefer to eat than drink lol.
If you have eaten recently but feel hungry, drink a big glass of water (or 2), wait 10 min and see how you feel. Drink at least 2 - 3 lts of water a day and after a few days you will feel less hungry so often and have more energy than ever.

Daily food sched:

8:30 - Protein shake w/ milk
10:30 - Almond Butter + Jelly sammich on whole wheat bread
12:00 - Big meaty sammich + V8
1:00 - Chobani Greek Yogurt
2:00 - Protein Bar
3:30 - Another big meaty sammich
5:30 - Dinner
7:00 - Another almond butter sammich or protein bar
9:00 - Big bowl o' cottage cheese + yogurt

Try 2-3 bigger warm meals instead of those small meals and skip the bread. I usually eat only rye bread, it has more fiber than wheat breads. Also try drinking when ever possible or eating something small like yoghurt or a banana if you are hungry, as fluid keeps the hunger away for longer, at least for me. I usually have my routine like this:

Usually no breakfast, but sometimes a cold breakfast
Warm lunch
Protein bar + drink after swimming (2-3h 2-3 times a week)
Small snack/drink if hungry
Dinner, but only if hungry

I've lost 27kg with this method in 7 months and after ~1 month my body got used to the less food intake. There was a small time where I had to learn at which point I was eating too little, as I would get a massive headache which would go away about after eating.

^

Well breakfast is the most important meal of the day man. You where quite overweight (dont know if marcus is) and that is because of you have gotten pretty bad eating habits and for that diet can be a good way to loose weight. But the best way is to exercise and eat like a normal person. Don't take this bad though you have done a great job!!!

But i agree with you on eating hot meals instead of all that bread. You usually stay satisfied longer then. And "hot meal" as in a good meal not fast food or anything crappy.

^

Well breakfast is the most important meal of the day man.

An oft repeated adage but not necessarily true - some people fair better with no breakfast at all - makes them feel sluggish if they eat it and it's better for them to fast.

From a biological point of view as well it doesn't make sense for you to suddenly wake up and immediately be supplied with food - that's a modern day luxury not yet geared to an evolutionary response.

^

Well if you have DINNER somewhere around 18-20.00 then you go to bed at 24. wake up at 8 o clock then you haven't been eating for about 12hours so breakfast seems pretty logical to me

Contrary to what you may be told, morning is the worst time to eat. When you wake-up, your body is already in an intense detox mode, clearing itself from endotoxins and digestive waste of the past evening meal. During the morning hours, when digestion is fully completed (while you are on empty stomach), a primal survival mechanism, known as fight or flight reaction to stress, is triggered maximizing your body's capacity to generate energy, be alert, resist fatigue and resist stress. This highly geared survival mode is primarily dominated by part of the autonomic nervous system known as the SNS (sympathetic nervous system). At that state, the body is in its most energy producing phase and that's when most energy comes from fat burning. All that happens when you do not eat the typical morning meal.

If however you follow what "normal guys" do and eat your morning bagel and cereal and egg & bacon, you'll most likely shut down the above energy producing system. The SNS and its fight or flight mechanism will be substantially suppressed. Instead, your morning meal will trigger an antagonistic part of the automatic nervous system known as the PSNS (Para sympathetic nervous system), which makes you sleepy, slow and less resilient to fatigue and stress. Instead of spending energy and burning fat, your body will be more geared towards storing energy and gaining fat. Under this state, detox would be inhibited. The overall metabolic stress would increase with toxins accumulating in the liver, giving the body another substantial reason to gain fat. (Fat tissues serve a biological storage for toxins)

Not vouching for the validity of this but it also makes sense - and I've gone plenty of times without eating breakfast before and it can make you feel more awake and less lethargic.

I wouldn't vouch for the validity of that either :lol:

It misses out some very important and basic concepts on the human biological machine. Although lipid (fat) respiration is more efficient than respiration of glucose (and other saccharides), it cannot be sustained and like anaerobic respiration creates a debt.

Also there is equal, and more convincing evidence for eating breakfast.

If anyone wants more detail, then I'll oblige, but people generally don't like it when I talk about science :p

Öwen;9952247 said:
Not vouching for the validity of this but it also makes sense - and I've gone plenty of times without eating breakfast before and it can make you feel more awake and less lethargic.

And source for that info: http://www.warriordiet.com/content/view/25/36/

The guy who wrote that is selling some diet program. But also according to that the #7 also explains the big weight loss.

I wouldn't vouch for the validity of that either :lol:

It misses out some very important and basic concepts on the human biological machine. Although lipid (fat) respiration is more efficient than respiration of glucose (and other saccharides), it cannot be sustained and like anaerobic respiration creates a debt.

Also there is equal, and more convincing evidence for eating breakfast.

If anyone wants more detail, then I'll oblige, but people generally don't like it when I talk about science :p

Nah, I'm interested, go on. I just thought it was an interesting theory as I'd attest to breakfast never making me feel more awake or alert - although that is purely anecdotal.

I know you said you aren't on a bulking diet but it seems like you need more protein from food sources rather than bars and shakes. Shakes and bars should be used to supplement with your current meal plan, not to replace your meals. I just started my meal plan a few weeks ago and here is what it looks like.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2375427/Nutrition Log.xls

There are two variations that I pretty much stick to. This actual diet plan may not be relevant to you since I am trying to bulk but I would suggest adding 2 tbsp of natural peanut butter and 1 cup of whole wheat oats to your shake. Sometimes I'll throw a banana in as well. It's almost 900 calories just from the shake and keeps me full until my next meal. But as I said, maybe try adding some lean meat protein source to your daily schedule rather than those small snacks. I prepare all my meals on Sunday night so I can just grab and go.