I Hate Reverb!

what would the effect of a plate reverb be as opposed to a hall reverb or something along these lines.

That completely depends upon your taste and what a certain mix calls for. A plate reverb sound like stuff's being reflected from a metal plate, and as for hall... you guessed it. It would sound like a hall. :saint:

Regarding you EQ you'd want to hipass and get rid of low-end clutter (if there are any, that is). I prefer doing that around 200hz or so. I really don't know if that's a general rule, but it just sounds okay-ish to me. Get rid of the top-end mess as mentioned above. Try using a de-esser as ahjteam mentioned above.

^^^ no a little more on what type of reverbs to use, what would be a basic starting point when adding reverb to a snare, how would you EQ the reverb, what would the effect of a plate reverb be as opposed to a hall reverb or something along these lines.

again, that's something i personally don't see a tutuorial being all that helpful with...mainly because you have to just trust your ears

sometimes a plate sounds best on something, sometimes a hall or room does...you just have to dick around with types and settings and find what works. this can be 100% from mix to mix, depending on the genre/snare/room/mix, etc. etc.

Also.... If Micing a proper kit... Use the sampled snare as your reverb send, no hi hat bleed in reverb . Thankyou andy Wallace