I have a decision...

The Emptier

t3h b3aSt0rZ
Oct 28, 2006
Columbus, OH/Bay Area, CA
www.facebook.com
Well...i am a guitarist, and i am looking at a new amp. Currently i have a Marshall Valvestate 80w. It's pretty awesome, but i need something...more metal. I've been looking and researching for a long ass time. I've basically narrowed it down to the Peavey 5150/6505 series. I know there's diff. ones so what ones the best? Also i had a quesiton about rack systems, i'm not totally up to date on what they are, would they be better/cheaper? I know a little bit about it and i've been looking at the Lee Jackson GP-1000 Preamp, Peavey Classic 50/50 Power Amp, and i'm not to sure about a cab yet. Could anyone tell me good products for a first-time rack? Also what are all of the components to a rack, do i have it down? Thanks for looking!

Don't go buying shit if you don't know what they sound like, fuck.

All this stuff makes alot of difference and it's all very expensive. Maybe you should try some stuff out somewhere if possible. If not, then make sure you choose carefully, unless you're rich of course.

lol i'm not stupid enough to just buy stuff on a whim, i know i can definetly find a peavey 5150/6505 etc. in the area, there's a couple peavey dealers around me, don't know about the other stuff, maybe i'll be lucky and find some craigslists. I wouldn't say that stuff is expensive...With a Lee Jackson GP-1000=round 250, Peavey Classic 50/50=round 250, undecided cab=anything to like 400, then that's probably going to be the same price as the Peavey 5150 which is like...1k if i'm lucky

EDIT: I'm also now looking at Vader Cabinets, i think they should be pretty kickass, a lot of my fav. bands use them (Necrophagist, Cryptopsy etc), may be a little over my price range but i think it will be worth it, and it's supporting a small company

Well you are buying stuff just because Alexi uses it. I'm just saying, everything's different, including personal taste so just try as much stuff first before diving in.