I HAVE A DREAM

Metal_Camden

Sep 25, 2009
THAT ONE DAY....

well this will probably stay a dream untill someone wins the lottery,

1 or 2 day exclusive show, DEMONS & WIZARDS with all recording memebers INCLUDING JIM MORRIS ON LEAD GUITAR. playing at least two hours, which would be most of their cd's.

obviously jim, jon, and hansi would only even consider it if they made some good money.

:O

Im putting a price tag at, AT LEAST $100K to make this happen.

If i'm EVER in a position to make this happen i swear to god i would make it work!

soooo,

if this were to happen with tickets at AT LEAST $100-$120 would people drive/fly to see it? obviously there would be 1-2 good openers as well.

If they played locally, I may pay $40 to see it. The material just isn't there, and I always cringe when I know my money is going into John Schaffer's pocket....

If they played locally, I may pay $40 to see it. The material just isn't there, and I always cringe when I know my money is going into John Schaffer's pocket....

hahah that is true! lol upon furthing thinking, (if it were even to happen, and i were hosting this) i would make it a fest with another headliner under them,
so yes :)

just putting some feelers out there!

They'd be a pretty cool headliner, I guess. I'd probably prefer Blind Guardian and Iced Earth as headliners with a few Demons and Wizards tracks as the encore.

D&W are good, but I don't think either album is amazing. I'd much rather see another sort of supergroup/project... which brings me to a thought I had recently.

Everyone talks about Avantasia coming to America as thought it's some huge impossibility. I fail to see how it's THAT out of reach:

I've seen Edguy a number of times here in the US, and I've never seen them struggle to bring a decent crowd to a club. I would say with all the hype behind it, Avantasia is easily on the same popularity level as Edguy - especially considering I think a lot of people would make a point to attend a show due to the rarity of it.
Now, obviously this couldn't play a club, but honestly, most smaller-end theaters hold about the same amount of people as your typical club that Edguy would play, they just have a stage MUCH larger to accommodate the full stage set and additional people that Avantasia would have.
And speaking of extra people - if the band were to scale back their singers as they did when they toured in 2008, such that you had only Tobias, Jorn, Andre Matos, one other, and the two girls (not to mention Oliver Hartmann on guitar who can also sing) - we're not looking at that many people. Only 6 more people total than Edguy typically have.
The point I'm trying to make is that honestly, give the info I just posted, I don't see why if Avantasia can tour period, why they couldn't make a sufficient amount of money by doing a smaller-scale US tour.

D&W are good, but I don't think either album is amazing. I'd much rather see another sort of supergroup/project... which brings me to a thought I had recently.

Everyone talks about Avantasia coming to America as thought it's some huge impossibility. I fail to see how it's THAT out of reach:

I've seen Edguy a number of times here in the US, and I've never seen them struggle to bring a decent crowd to a club. I would say with all the hype behind it, Avantasia is easily on the same popularity level as Edguy - especially considering I think a lot of people would make a point to attend a show due to the rarity of it.
Now, obviously this couldn't play a club, but honestly, most smaller-end theaters hold about the same amount of people as your typical club that Edguy would play, they just have a stage MUCH larger to accommodate the full stage set and additional people that Avantasia would have.
And speaking of extra people - if the band were to scale back their singers as they did when they toured in 2008, such that you had only Tobias, Jorn, Andre Matos, one other, and the two girls (not to mention Oliver Hartmann on guitar who can also sing) - we're not looking at that many people. Only 6 more people total than Edguy typically have.
The point I'm trying to make is that honestly, give the info I just posted, I don't see why if Avantasia can tour period, why they couldn't make a sufficient amount of money by doing a smaller-scale US tour.

While it is more possible than Ayreon, it won't happen. I believe the problem has been in paying for rehearsals; however, I think that if they were to use that same lineup for progpower it could work. Another help might be is if they book all those singers' bands for progpower. Despite all that though, while I don't want to be a buzz kill, I don't see it happening.

While it is more possible than Ayreon, it won't happen. I believe the problem has been in paying for rehearsals; however, I think that if they were to use that same lineup for progpower it could work. Another help might be is if they book all those singers' bands for progpower. Despite all that though, while I don't want to be a buzz kill, I don't see it happening.

I agree that I don't think it will ever happen, but I'm just saying - given what I said, I don't really think it's impsossible by any stretch - just improbable I guess.

It's a damn shame though. Based on what I've seen of Avantasia live in 2008, I would gladly pay $100 a ticket and travel a bit to see them rather than paying $30 and driving 90 minutes to see Edguy again. Especially since Edguy are drowning in complacency on their US tours anymore. The NYC in 2004 was one of the best shows I've ever seen - with a GREAT setlist, it's just the same stuff anymore.

While it is more possible than Ayreon, it won't happen. I believe the problem has been in paying for rehearsals

I disagree. Both Jon Schaffer and Hansi Kursch have stated they want to make it happen. As a matter of fact, Jon said he specifically wanted to do a show in the States, NYC being one of the cities he had in mind. It was a matter of catching a period when both BG and IE would be on break. He said it'd be difficult, but that it (and I quote) "would certainly happen someday."

I disagree. Both Jon Schaffer and Hansi Kursch have stated they want to make it happen. As a matter of fact, Jon said he specifically wanted to do a show in the States, NYC being one of the cities he had in mind. It was a matter of catching a period when both BG and IE would be on break. He said it'd be difficult, but that it (and I quote) "would certainly happen someday."

He was talking about Avantasia (responding to what I said), not Demons and Wizards.

That always comes back and bites me in the ass, I made this username on AOL back in like 99 or some shit, before I COULD spell, hahahha, rather than change it, I just always left it the same. Ya'll brutalizin' me!

Ah quit whining and making excuses. We all remember the sign you made with a sharpie a few years ago...

"Lance King Autograph Section at the Nightmare Records Table"

:lol:

Plus, we know you like it BROOTAL!! :headbang:

No, I really don't remember, haha. Was I working the table then? I have only worked the table for the past 2-3 years. I'm genuinely curious as to what you are talking about. I usually have a good memory, but I don't know what you are referencing.

Dude, you're so easy.... :lol: I was actually hoping some people would join me in creating this scenario and laugh at your demise. :lol: