Dream Theater ''Octavium''

Barking Pumpkin said:
I guess we'll find out when the review gets posted. Any idea when that will be, Spoink?

Yeah Stoink. Please let us know. Also what the cover art looks like and the track listing with times.

o_O

Bear

Bear said:
I am going to have to respectfully disagree. Its metal up your ass in places!!!

Bear

HAHAHA... I'm seriously laughing at that, but in a nice way...not ironically though!

It is about metal... but I don't think it should be just 100% about metal... that's what I meant...

Don't think I'm not metal enough after saying that! Even though I got a hair cut last night... lol

Bear said:
Yeah Stoink. Please let us know. Also what the cover art looks like and the track listing with times.

o_O

Bear

Oh, I completely forgot about that. Stoink, just give us the track times for some of the tracks. That will probably immediately solve the issue of whether it's real or fake.

AngraRULES said:
edit : LaBrie's solo album is NOT a prog album, nor it is a METAL album... It is a solid hard-rock disc WITH prog, thrashy, electronic, modern and metal elements mixed in... He stated that before... It was never meant to be a "metal" album.
i think that's the best description of it posted so far.

Barking Pumpkin said:
I don't think so, it's very hard-rock.

Dont you got some Pumpkins to go Bark at? :loco:

IF that is not Metal I have no idea what Metal is. Did you listen to the album?Go back and just listen to Crucify, hellllllllllllllllooooooooooooooo!!!!!! That shit is METAL!!!!!!! Damn, freaking crack smokers LOL

Bear

The verse riffs and drums on "Crucify" are borderline metal maybe, but it's not very metal. And definitely not a lot of the other "heavy" songs on there. The first thing I thought when I heard "Crucify" was that it could be one of Metallica's newer songs.

Bear said:
Bear

In fact....

BarkingPumpkinLogofromLPlabel-RP_size.jpg

^_^

Silent Song said:
i was thinking older metallica with a different singer.

easy on the insult slingin' Bear, this is all opinions anyway.

Take it how you want to, I didn't insult anyone. I just feel some people really have it wrong, that is my opinion. BTW LOL = Laugh Out Loud = Humor

Bear

"Images & Words" is nu-metal because you can hear a Chuck D sound bite at the beginning of "Take the Time."

:)

Bear said:

IF that is not Metal I have no idea what Metal is. Did you listen to the album?Go back and just listen to Crucify, hellllllllllllllllooooooooooooooo!!!!!! That shit is METAL!!!!!!! Damn, freaking crack smokers LOL

Bear

Bear, I agree with you 100%... Crucify is a VERY fucking metal track... But you have to keep in mind that most of the album is different than that... It sounds like a Hard Rock album to me because there's few tracks on it that could be considered "metal"...

Oh, and I know you were not saying that directly to me... But the whole disc overall may be considered a hard rock release over a metal by many people... And there's nothing wrong with that in my opinion..

Everyone... let's just kill this right here with the following sentence :

Hard Rock, Metal, Pop, whatever the hell you think it is for ya... It is a GREAT FUCKING album! =)

You guys are hilarious!

I love Elements of Persuasion and think it's a great addition to my music collection! I was very happy that they played it between sets at ChicagoPowerFest. I rocked out to it for the whole drive home!

I agree that it has elements of metal included, but it isn't just a metal disc. It's also not a prog disc or a nu-metal disc. I didn't care for the scratching at first, but it's not like a few scratches on one song will ruin a whole disc for me! Sheesh! Besides, the song with the scratches, "Alone", isn't the typical type of song that would use them. I think it's very creative that he was able to work scratches into a song on a heavy rock album!!

All in all, this is one of my favorite albums to have come out so far this year!

Bear, you crack me up!

~Tammy Z~

Originally posted by glascastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathDevil
Dream Theater hasn't put out a good album since Images & Words...

your right on the money here!!

Ahh well, no thread involving Dream Theater is complete without the obligatory naysayers. ;)

I personally appreciate all of their albums, SFAM and I&W being my favorites.

And to Barking Pumpkin:
Thank you for posting that picture. I've lost sleep at night wondering where your username came from. The mystery is solved!

DementiaGuitar said:
And to Barking Pumpkin:
Thank you for posting that picture. I've lost sleep at night wondering where your username came from. The mystery is solved!

It was Frank Zappa's mail-order record label. I thought it was a really cool name.