I have found a gem!

Spikeholmes64

New Metal Member
Sep 23, 2010
Leeds
Hi there guys, I just recently discovered this incredible band!
As a power metal fan it's quite hard to get into stuff like this, but I managed to and boy I'm glad I did! This band is incredible.

Although after listening to their entire discography, I must say that I prefer everything from Vs. The World to Twilight of the Thunder God.
Not so say that the material before that is bad, I just think the 2002-onwards stuff is alot better in my opinion.

So yeah, great band, hope they tour the UK soon!

Anyone agree/disagree with me?

Hi there guys, I just recently discovered this incredible band!
As a power metal fan it's quite hard to get into stuff like this, but I managed to and boy I'm glad I did! This band is incredible.

Although after listening to their entire discography, I must say that I prefer everything from Vs. The World to Twilight of the Thunder God.
Not so say that the material before that is bad, I just think the 2002-onwards stuff is alot better in my opinion.

So yeah, great band, hope they tour the UK soon!

Anyone agree/disagree with me?

Agree on them making some of the best metal and disagree on pre vs. post VTW. I suppos it has a lot to do with you coming from power and me from black metal.

Yeah it could have something to do with coming straight from power metal.
But I will give the earlier stuff a few more tries, basically I might just need breaking in a bit with the older sound :)

Yeah it could have something to do with coming straight from power metal.
But I will give the earlier stuff a few more tries, basically I might just need breaking in a bit with the older sound :)

give a few tries to OSFTGH and VTW. My favourite are Ridge for Vangance, Victorious March, Amon Amarth, Thousand Years of Oppression and Death in Fire

as far as seeing them live they'll be playing on on the motha fuckin' boat pretty soon

I do like Vs. The World alot. it's just the stuff before that I'm not that keen on at the mo (The Avenger in particular). But I will try my best with them all.

Gonna slap on Once Sent From The Golden Hall now, cheers!

As for touring the UK... they were here not long ago (late October 09?) pity you could not catch them live here or on any summer festivals... live they're even better IMHO.

Ah I see, well I'm sure I'll catch them on their next album tour (whenever that will be)

And I was watching some live vids of their DVD and some from Wacken and they seem to have such a commanding presence onstage, especially Johan. And they sound like a tight band live and give a great performance. Can't wait :)

I just can say the same as Tomasz: Give the first one's a few more spins and you'll probably like them better and better ;)
It took me a while too to really get into the first three Albums as I pretty much started listening to (Melodic) Death Metal with the 2006 Album WOOOS of Amon Amarth.

And yes they are a great live band. I saw them 9 times live so far (including the 4 gigs at Bloodshed over Bochum) and can't wait to see them again ^^

You can also check out the "Similar Bands" thread here in the forum. Maybe you'll find one or another band that you like as well.