I have four sharks in my fridge at the moment

I had Mako this past weekend

pretty good, I didn't really like how it was served (some kind of ragout with beans) but the meat totally had potential

well i never had shark ... but tee - u can come over and prepare some for tomorrow ;) hahahaha

i once had crocodile ... WOW that tasted good ... i just loved it *mjum*

and i also tried kangoroo ... but ... well ... hum ... cannot be chummy with it ...

metalized became a vegetarian.
we had mushrooms, rice and peas today. with green salad. :)
:( LOL tomorrow we'll have fried potatoes, and then onepot leaks meal. :erk:

:yell: it's a problem yes :yell:

I hate seafood, except breaded calamari (if it's made right) and shrimp. There's also a certain kind've fish, can't remember it's name, but it's good. Besides that, seafood can go fuck itself. I hate sushi, nearly threw up trying sushi.

Sharks not too bad. I had an ostrich burger from a farmers market this saturday, best burger i've ever had. Cured my hangover within an hour. I remember the Tesco (supermarket) near my old place used to sell kangaroo steaks but some hippies complained and it was taken off the shelves :(

It's pretty good. It's sorta like swordfish in my opinion.

I just had a really good fish called ESCOLAR yesterday, better than seabass, and cheaper too.

Tee said:
so, do you eat shark meat or am I the only freak around here? ..... cuz some minutes ago I felt like one when a friend of mine almost passed out when she heard that I'll prepare shark for lunch tomorrow. :eek: (hello, friend :D )

do share your thoughts/stories/recipes....

o_O

You're kidding??? Shark meat is one of the best fish out there.
Ok, I'm exaggerating, there are better fish out there
but Shark is DELICIOUS!!!
Good for you, tee, I'm impressed ;)

NinjaKitten said:
Ive always been told never to eat carnivores, theres something bad about them, I cant remember what though. :err:
Id be willing to try shark, but I never have before.
That's because the higher the food you eat is in the food chain, the more mercury it contains, which is bad for us humans. This rule especially applies for seafood.

Good thing I studied in science.

Well I'm assuming that must be a negligible amount, otherwise all meat-eaters would be screwed?

Anyone toyed with vegetarianism? If you've read the works of Peter Singer, it can be difficult to still eat meat.

I generally don't eat alot of meat, but i do enjoy it when i have some. I'm not a righteous vegetarian, it just happens that my g/f doesnt eat meat so we dont buy it much. It's something i dont hugely miss, but when i drive down to visit my old man, we always enjoy a nice fat steak :)

Tee, search for receipes for shark fin soup on the web...I hear its pretty good :>

Wow, this thread has quite a lifespan.

Seeing as I am a fisherman and all, thought I'd throw in my two cents...

Generally speaking, the only sharks that make for good tablefare are threshers and makos - with threshers being the preferred species. I caught a 5ft. mako back in '93 off the coast of San Diego and got a shitload of steaks off him. I grilled the steaks and remember that they tasted kinda like porkchops. That's precisely the reason that I don't eat or fish for sharks... if you end up saying "tastes like chicken", then it can't be that good.

I caught a 35lb yellowfin tuna off the coast of North Carolina on Saturday - now that's some good eatin'!!!

Final_Product said:
Well I'm assuming that must be a negligible amount, otherwise all meat-eaters would be screwed?

Anyone toyed with vegetarianism? If you've read the works of Peter Singer, it can be difficult to still eat meat.
No, like I said, this rules applies especially for seafood, because mercury is found in water, mostly. Eating land meat isn't really dangerous for us.