I have just received ... in the mail! Post pics of your new treasures!

Most of the ones above are from trading in cds and lps I don't listen to much and just take up space. I'll be cutting back pretty soon...I think it's settled between some friends to get a house...but I'll be enjoying this while I can...not far from completing everything I want.

Just got this from an ebay auction two weeks ago. It is MINT!
Supposed to be unplayed, and I gotta tell ya: they are clean as new.

EmperorPicDisc.jpg

Emperor - 5 x Picture Disc Boxset with booklet (Candlelight 2001)
Disc 1: Emperor / Wrath of the Tyrant
Disc 2: In The Nightside Eclipse
Disc 3: Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk
Disc 4: IX Equilibrium
Disc 5: Emperial Live Ceremony

awww no way! thats excellent

i almost bought one of those sets a few years ago, but i ended up buying a new moniter with the money hahaha. moniter still works (small consolation)

Hehe...Don't worry, I had store credit...and pretty much got the finds of the century...Finally got two of my most sought after DM albums on vinyl, and first pressings at that!!!

1000105l.jpg

lp:
Bolt Thrower - Realm Of Chaos
Deicide - S/T
Venom - Possessed
cd:
Bolt Thrower - Mercenary
Darkthrone - FOAD

Just re-issued on Peaceville, got them one by one over last 3 days:

anathema.jpg

Anathema - Judgement 2LP White vinyl / gatefold
Anathema - A Fine Day To Exit 2LP Black vinyl / gatefold / printed inners
Anathema - A Natural Disaster 2LP Black vinyl / gatefold / printed inners
all 180gsm vinyl.
Very good pressings this time from Peaceville.

are Peaceville LPs sometimes not good then? Back on Black is another one, remember them getting lots of shit a few years ago over bad quality pressings etc, my Burzum - Hvis Lyset Tar Oss LP from them (2010 I think) is quite good.

are Peaceville LPs sometimes not good then? Back on Black is another one, remember them getting lots of shit a few years ago over bad quality pressings etc, my Burzum - Hvis Lyset Tar Oss LP from them (2010 I think) is quite good.

They could have done a better job with Paradise Lost - Draconian Times 2LP and My Dying Bride - Turn Loose The Swans 2LP re-issues.
The vinyls are cracking and poping a little more, probably because of use of cheap dye. The sound could have been a little better as well.
But maybe I'm just being picky here...I don't know.
It nice to have them on color vinyl though (the burgundy vinyls).

Back On Black does a good job only half the time for me. The Dismember and Burzum vinyls for example are great.
But for instance Mayhem - De Mysteris and Enslaved - Ruun have crappy sound. Not to mention Ruun is on 120gram vinyl and warped as hell. Could have done better there.

yeah peaceville make cheap vinyl, not nearly as bad as the recent megadeth reissues of peace sells and rust in peace, i think its capital who puts them out, never buy vinyl from them, theyre seriously dreadful (one i got was warped so bad i had to literally crush it flat so it would play)

Back On Black got better with their vinyls in 2008. I hate the bullshit labels do by putting in 2 vinyls in one sleeve. It's a "putting out vinyl for the sake of it" attitude that pisses me off.

Peaceville isn't all that bad. The quality in presentation is there, but as said earlier, they can work a little more on the vinyl. Color is nice, but plain black vinyl will do. I'm glad that they are reissuing/finally putting classics on vinyl though. I just wish they used the original mix for that Pentagram reissue. Hopefully the second album gets back on wax.

I'd say if you want quality, try labels like NWN!, Hells Headbangers, High Roller, and The Crypt.

In fact The Crypt just put up pre-orders for Obtained Enslavement and Toxaemia albums: http://www.darksymphonies.com/thecrypt/shop.html

yeah peaceville make cheap vinyl, not nearly as bad as the recent megadeth reissues of peace sells and rust in peace, i think its capital who puts them out, never buy vinyl from them, theyre seriously dreadful (one i got was warped so bad i had to literally crush it flat so it would play)

I don't see a need to reissue lps from bands like Megadeth. If you look hard enough, you will find them, and cheap at that.

Same goes for Judas Priest, Queen, AC/DC, Zeppelin, Sabbath, Metallica...etc

Got Therion-Crowning of Atlantis for 15NIS in mint condition
15NIS is about 4.50USD
Therion are awesome as far as symphonic metal goes.

and anathema 180gram LPs- drool

Back On Black got better with their vinyls in 2008. I hate the bullshit labels do by putting in 2 vinyls in one sleeve. It's a "putting out vinyl for the sake of it" attitude that pisses me off.

Peaceville isn't all that bad. The quality in presentation is there, but as said earlier, they can work a little more on the vinyl. Color is nice, but plain black vinyl will do. I'm glad that they are reissuing/finally putting classics on vinyl though. I just wish they used the original mix for that Pentagram reissue. Hopefully the second album gets back on wax.

I'd say if you want quality, try labels like NWN!, Hells Headbangers, High Roller, and The Crypt.

In fact The Crypt just put up pre-orders for Obtained Enslavement and Toxaemia albums: http://www.darksymphonies.com/thecrypt/shop.html
I'm just somewhat dubious of a lot of this "pre-/re-mastered especially for vinyl" thing they say on a lot of recent vinyl re-issues...that isn't enough detail really. Did they use the original master tapes, or 3rd/4th/5th generation inferior copies? Or just a digital transfer, in which case why not simply just put it out on CD...if its gonna be done, it should be done properly, is what I'm saying I guess. Not everyone is poor quality but these things are important to get the most out of the format