I just heard the Bloodbath album and...

batmura

Sea of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2001
www.seaoftranquility.org
... no offense to Bloodbath fans, but I think their new one doesn't even remotely compare to the new Opeth. I think it's just too generic old school death. Nothing different there, while the new Opeth is the Opeth we all know.

I also prefer Mike's growls on Deliverance over his singing on the Bloodbath.

What do you guys think?

I noticed the growls are IMO way different. I like the sound of them on Deliverance more. The new Opeth is on a completely different level than Bloodbath, but I think Wisdom Pearl put it best when he said it's a great party album. I always thought that's all Bloodbath was meant to be. Opeth is brilliant. Bloodbath is insanely fun. :)

Yeah it's just fun. Good way of describing it. I'd doubt Mikael and Co were trying to change the world with Bloodbath, more just have a good laugh and create some cool old-school death metal

I love it, but of course on a musical level Deliverance (and every other Opeth release) is far superior

Demonspell-
I think Furnace Funeral from the EP is better than anything on the album...which I still think is the metal equivalent of gathering prog luminaries together to make a pop album. :)

FF has been a favorite of mine since I got the EP. Whenever someone comes over and wants to hear Bloodbath for the first time, I always play that one. I love the vox at the end when it's all slow and doomy...

"Furnaaaaaaaace. Funeraaaaaaal." :heh: