I just made banana bread.

Demilich

Remember
Apr 24, 2003
Toronto, Canada
My mom loves banana bread, but my dad hates it and she usually doesn't bother making it. So, its mothers day, and I get to handle dessert for dinner. She's expecting me to maybe make a cake from a mix or something like that, but I want to do something a bit special. I got the OK from dad, and made this recipe off foodtv.ca, added chocolate chips and melted chocolate over the top.

Feels good to do stuff like this for my family :kickass:

Banana Bread = 10/10 (provided of course you put walnuts into the mix).

We just made some with blueberries the other day and to be honest, it was ok, but nah, give me original recipe any day.

1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 cups sifted flour
1 teaspoon soda
1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup bananas (approx. 3)
1 cup finely chopped nuts
Cream butter and sugar thoroughly. Add eggs one at a time and beat well. Sift flour, baking powder, soda, and salt. Add to creamed mixture alternately with bananas. Fold in nuts. Pour into greased bread pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes. Cool thoroughly before slicing.

Yield: 1 loaf (for some reason I thought of krigloch here)

mine was healthier! :loco:

1/4 cup butter
1/3 cup sugar
1 eggs
1 1/4 cups sifted flour
1/2 teaspoon soda
1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
3/4 cup bananas

Cream butter and sugar thoroughly. Add egg and beat well. Sift flour, baking powder, soda, and salt. Add to creamed mixture alternately with bananas. Pour into greased bread pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Cool thoroughly before slicing.

Everyone loved it! People keep really liking things that I bake... I should keep it up!