I just purchased Dusk and Her Embrace (COF)

PiercedFromWithin

The Philosopher
Nov 27, 2002
Quebec
none
I'm amazed! Is there any better cradle of filth album than this one 'cause that really seems to be metal perfection right here.

Favorite songs for now are heaven torn asunder and funeral in carpathia

I LOOOOOOOOOOVE Dani's vocals (their so intense)

That's the best one, although Cruelty and the Beast comes close.

I think Dusk... is a frickin masterpiece, definitely in my top 10 (which currently consists of about 21 CDs ;) ).

Dusk is great followed by Cruelty...Dani's voice and lyrics are the best in this style.

Me too, Dusk and her Embrace is the best COF album.

Originally posted by ffanatic
I'm sorry.

:lol:

it's like a prepubescent boy having his prostate examined by captain hook.

the only decent COF album is midian, because he shrieks a lot less, the production isn't absolute shit (older albums), and neither is the performance (cruelty).

dani is a marvelous lyricist, but it's squandered by his sudden nonsequiturs, and the overall shittiness of his band.

That was the first album I heard by them and I still think it's their best.

Originally posted by saturnix
:lol:

it's like a prepubescent boy having his prostate examined by captain hook.

haahahah oh man that is GREAT! I'll have to remember that. That sort of reminds me of Hecate Enthroned, too. "yaa! yaa! yaa yaa yaa! yaa yaa yaa yaa yaa yaa!"

I agree that the production on it is inferior to something like Midian (which sounds GREAT). But I think as far as projecting the whole "goth/evil/dangerous/edgy/underground" image that people seem to like so much about black metal, they did it best on "Dusk..." It seemed to sort of drain bit by bit as new albums came out. Too bad, too... if it had the production values of Midian, it would be killer, I think.