I Keep Hearing Good Things About Nevermore...

• Thread starter King Purple Rainbow
  • Start date
K

King Purple Rainbow

...so what would you say about these guys? Are they on par with such acts as Iced Earth, Blind Guardian, Demons & Wizards, Opeth, In Flames, Arch Enemy, Children Of Bodom?

Do they have remarkable songs and albums?

Do they have lyrics based on Edgar Allen Poe?

Any recommendations?

First off all,you CANNOT compare Nevermore to ANY of these bands...they are unique.
IMO Nevermore features 4 exceptional musicians,for example Warrel Dane can sing,howl,cry,scream,EVERYTHING.He´s amazing.So is the music the play,it´s not the simple 08/15 metal song,there are so many breaks,changes of speed and melody.It makes their music a challenge to listen to and to understand.Their music needs you to listen.....

yes, they are as good, if not better, than all the above-listed bands, but different. and i may be wrong, but i don't think any lyrics are based on Poe, even though it would be cool if they did. aside from the band name, their album the politics of ecstacy is abbreviated as POE. those are the only similarities i can think of now.

Like the guys said above, Nevermore can not be compared with those bands. I love all of them, but Nevermore are all their own. Unique and great. I mean there are 4 songs on Dead Heart In A Dead World that are ballads and they still pulled it off. I promise you you will like Nevermore.

Thank you, guys! Are the themes of their songs like Blind Guardian...sort of fantasy oriented? Or are they semi-blasphemous like Iced Earth? Or artsy like Opeth?

nevermore are definately better than those bands you listed. the only band i think are as good are Meshuggah. Jeff is one of the greatest guitarists ive ever heard. if not the best. He totally has a style of his own. there is no other band out that sounds like nevermore. they are in a world all thier own.

Got some real cool old school progressive/thrash numbers, in refererence to the other bands, NEVERMORE are very cult as the others they are wanna bees.

Go to your local record store and buy EVERY Nevermore CD you can find!!!!
They are all fantastic! Incredible! Fabulous!

Quick, GET UP!! GO..GO..GO!!!!!!!!!!!

You will NOT be dissapointed!

love

Hmmmmmm!!!

They're like Opeth I guess...

Not in style, of course, but as far as picking a CD, they're all good!

This pleases me.

:D