I Keep Hearing Good Things About Nevermore...

• Thread starter King Purple Rainbow
  • Start date
you have to listen to Sanctuary too...

it's the band where Warrel and Jim ( and Jeff .. for a little time :) ) played before Nevermore.. they have three CDs : Refuge Denied, Into The Mirror Black and Into The Mirror Live ( this one I'm not sure about the name )...

try to find those ones too... pretty good albuns..

Oh crap...

Which one am I supposed to get???

Sanctuary or Nevermore??? :confused:

Put it this way, just get ANY Nevermore you can. It wont matter because you will want the rest of the collection SOON....and then you will HAVE to have the Sanctuary stuff cuz you fukn love Nevermore SOOOOO much!

The thing is, if you fall in love with the band, you'll end up owning them all anyway. If you like more modern sounding stuff with flawless production (so flawless, that its a little cold in my opinion, but still a technical masterpiece), get Dead Heart in a Dead World. Its probably the most accessable album from a new prospective fan's standpoint. Then try working backwards.

If you like more brutal thrashy, hateful, emotion filled metal, try Dreaming Neon Black or Politics of Ecstacy. Their first album is good, but it reminds me of a heavier Sanctuary, and Sanctuary IN MY OPINION is a really aquired taste. Some of that stuff was REALLY cheesy, if you're down with Priest then its cool, but if you want a more accurate representation of what Nevermore is about, then get their first record later. Its still good, just not what they're doing anymore.

Alright, so how many CD's...total.

Of Nevermore and Sanctuary?

And is there a Satanic edge to these bands?

Oh! Thank you!

I thought I would have to buy a whole eisle of CD's! Whew!

would love to know what u think after hearing Nevermore. I think when people are making recommendations its good too add what you're into ( not stating the obvious ). Death, Arch Enemy, Dream Theater, Shadows Fall + 80's thrash too name some.

I've been into metal for 20+ years and can tell u NEVERMORE is the shit. My favorite Nevermore album is POE, but they all kick ass!

If u like heavy + powerful metal with excellent vocals u can't go wrong. Awesome time changes, melodic, thrashy at times, with great leads - U get the picture.

POE = heaviest
DNB = varied but equally excellent
DHIADW = most recent w/cover of Sound of Silence, excellent
Self titled + EP = different, still heavy, but still excellent IMHO.

Stay Heavy

I'll give you an update when I get one...

I do need money... :D

And what would be (and I know this would be a hard question to ask) the definitive Nevermore CD to own. If I could only have one...

That would be a good start, I suppose...