I killed my V card and motherboard!

So, I finally got my pc running again: new motherboard, new chip, new ram, new v card, new power supply, new fucking power switch.:rolleyes: The hard drives were cool. All my data is safe. I been pressing record for 10 fucking hours straight!:p

What video card did you wind up going for? My stuff is in, I'm just waiting on a power supply that can juice up two x1900 cards.. bloody shipping.

Jeff

It's a GeForce 7600 GT. I have dual monitors for track and console views. I don't know specs that well. It works. haha. The only weird thing going on is my ram. I put in (4) 1 gig sticks, and it only notices 3 gigs.

No, if you're still using a 32-bit system the 4 GB RAM limit isn't entirely accurate... 2 to 3.5 gigs is very common in those machines. If you upgrade to Vista, don't go with the Starter edition, and if you stay with XP there's a switch for the boot.ini that may allow you to give more RAM to apps and less to the kernel - I believe it may be ' /3g ' but you might want to check on that.

Jeff

Yeah, I partitioned a drive to split xp and Vista. My xp is 32 bit. Thanks for the tip. I had no clue. I need to get the 64 bit versions for sure, huh? Another tripped out thing happened. I get everything put together (all new parts: motherboard, v card. I booted up with my xp from my old motherboard. It just fucking booted right the fuck up!