I know this ain't the AVID support forum, but HELP!

Joelegend

Joe not so legend
Jun 5, 2009
Belgium
Saturday it worked fine, then Sunday i got this:

I first thought my pro-tools installation was fucked, so reinstalled it, also the drivers, same issue. Then i though my windows was fucked, did a fresh install, everything stays the same :mad:.

On my laptop it all works fine also, so it ain't hardware related.
Anyone else having this issue?

Do you have any external firewire drives connected?
The pro fire doesn't play nice with other Firewire devices.
What is the firewire chipset on the fucked machine?
Did you power the pro-fire on before the pc?

Everything looks normal, shows up in the decive manager, i can play music over the profire with media player. I have no other firewire devices, might be i used another firewire plug (i never hotplug this), i have no idea what chipset this is. Worked fine for years. I almost dare to think its some sort of update with windows. Everything works fine when i run Presonus studio one 64 bit, the 32 bit version does crash when i select the profire. On my laptop on wich runs XP 32 bit, everything works fine.

bon, went to get my M-audio Fast Track back from my brothers place, connected it, shit works fine. My guess it's the mainboard/firewire card wich is burning down i think. A previous Profire once fried my onboard firewire connection (or the other way around), good thing back then i got a new profire. I am also suffering from alot of noise comming from my left monitor, wich was gone earlyer when the profire was connected to another port. So... new mainboard time.

This sounds like the exact same issue that I'm having. Profire 2626 worked fine until Saturday, then all of the sudden Pro Tools 10 doesn't have it listed as a playback engine. Still works fine in both Ableton Live and Pro Tools 11, so I know it's not the interface or the firewire connection. Tried uninstalling, reinstalling, and updating both the drivers and the DAW, but none of those things worked. May have to try contacting avid on this one.

Yep. The 64-bit version.

Have you tried a system restore? I'd try it myself, but I don't have any restore points that are set earlier than yesterday, due to all the uninstalling and reinstalling of software.

Shit got solved, mainboard/firewire expansion whatever was fucked. New mainboard, problem solved, there might have been a cheaper way, might have not...

I also got this issue resolved.

Clean uninstall of Pro Tools 10 (drivers, preferences, databases, etc.), avid instruments, ilok software, and profire 2626 drivers. Shut down both the computer and the interface and then disconnect the interface. Re-installed the ilok software, Pro Tools 10, and profire 2626 drivers. Reconnected the profire 2626 and turned it on. Windows then notified me that it was installing the drivers. Once it was done I opened up Pro Tools and voila! Profire 2626 was once again listed as a playback engine.