Pulling my hair out....new computer...PT authorization

Tercero

Mar 22, 2011
Oneonta, NY
So my trusty 2006 Macbook Pro died on me an I just replaced it with a new one. I'm getting back into recording and am trying to install PT LE 7 so I can then crossgrade to PT 10...but when I try to open PT 7, it never asks for my authorization and then tells me that my hardware isn't connected (although my 002 is) and then it immediately closes. I'm uninstalled and reinstalled a few times always with the same result. Any ideas?

You need to install the newest drivers for the 002, the ones that come included with PT7 don't support the newest version of OSX. Also, I'm not entirely sure that Mountain Lion even supports LE7, period.

You need to install the newest drivers for the 002, the ones that come included with PT7 don't support the newest version of OSX. Also, I'm not entirely sure that Mountain Lion even supports LE7, period.

I installed the newest drivers, but PT still won't open. I'm really hoping I can call them and still crossgrade to PT 10 for $399 instead of having to buy it at full price.

What OS are you currently running? Pt 7.x Isn't compatible with anything beyond leopard.

I just reinstalled PT8 on my new Macbook Pro with Mountain Lion, and 8.0 didn't work. I updated it to 8.0.5 and now it works, but I'd imagine(as greyskull says) that PT 7 isn't compatible with the newest mac OS.