Firewire Issue Requesting Computer Savy Input

Styvo

Feb 27, 2008
Hey Guys

I recently purchased a Liquid Mix unit off eBay.Got home on Friday night and thought great lets see how this thing works.
I use a pc at home and run ptools le.

On my pc there is one fire wire port at the rear and one at the front.
I decided to plug in the Liquid Mix on this front port and proceeded to load the software.It looked like it was going to be smooth until it got to loading rtas plug ins and just decided to hang.

A message came up saying after it completes installing rtas plug ins windows will search for driver detection so make sure your Liquid Mix is connected,which it was.However it didn't manage to get past this point,so after about 20min i decided to do the infamous alt,ctrl delete.
I figured by this stage it should have installed the plug ins and that maybe something may have been wrong with the install dvd.

Reboot the computer and try the vst wrapper,all it detected was Liquid Mix stereo output.Seemed strange checked the c/drive where the install said it was going to be located and noticed that files had been installed however could not detect rtas plug ins anywhere.

So i thought OK, I'll load Ptools and see if they scan and come up.
Pt started loading and then i got a message saying hardware not found please connect your hardware and hit OK.

So i hit ok as my hardware was connected but nothing happened.
As it's turned out,now not only is Ptools not being detected i have had no luck managing to get this Liquid Mix integrated into my system.

I have a spare firwire card so i decided to install it,read on the Focusrite web that it would be better to use it this way,but again no luck.

In device manager it shows them both but neither is now working.
Liquid Mix comes up with a FWire failed message and Pt with connect hardware and click OK message which it's never done before.

As it stands i have no clue what the conflicting issue is or how to go about resolving it,which is why I'm posting here.

I'll continue to battle on with it and make some phone calls on Monday to tech support from Digi etc but if anyone on here has suggestions or may understand why this has happened I'd love to hear your from you.

Thanks In Advance.