Waves C4 crashing Cubase

Ermz

¯\(°_o)/¯
Apr 5, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.myspace.com
Okay so I found the bastard. Every single time I would exit a mix session Cubase would crash. I started to notice that every single time I'd remove a C4 from a track, Cubase would also crash. After putting the two together it seems that shutting down C4 plug-ins consistently crashes my Cubase sessions.

Why might this be? Anyone else get this problem?

If there is no solution, what are some other multiband compressors out there that function as well and as intuitively? I've used the C4 ever since I started engineering. No Mac or RTAS-only plug-ins please.

Cheers.

The only one I know which is similar to the c4 is the UAD Precision Multiband. But the "latency" of this thing is fucking annoying.

But it's an awesome plug.

Might be worth a try. IE8 for some reason can cause stability issues with Waveshells, particularly older ones. My waves stuff wouldn't even load upon starting Cubase. Disabled IE8 and they worked fine.

You'll have to use a different browser, obviously, but if you like C4, I'd rather get a new browser than look at getting a new plugin.

I think this may have been the ticket. Just tried it and no crash so far. To think two things seemingly so unrelated have this weird interplay that causes instability.... Windows is one weird beast.