i love anathema (istanbul gig - october 1st)

A Leaf

doesnt come with the tree
May 16, 2004
Istanbul
it was so damn great! of course it was not enough but good news is we have one more coming tomorrow! :Spin:
it can be said that the setlist was sort of ordinary but there was a surprise: they played the sunset of age!!! lads had all kinds of equipment problems, vinnie complained a lot, but overall the venue was nice, the crowd was crazy and the music... awesome. thanks to all who got involved in this!
well, everybody any reviews? now shoot it! :D and see you tomorrow..

pooh.jpg

some spelling mistakes?
when my sister got to know what his name is, pooh was the first she thought about :lol:

yeah the gig was great. it lasted exactly 2 hours. covers played were albatross(fleetwood mac) and comfortably numb (pink floyd). a dying wish and angelica were expected, but sleepless and sunset of the age were total surprises. 4 songs each from alt4, judgement, afdte and a natural disaster. thats 22 songs in total incl. instrumentals.

i've seen anathema lots of times before, but i've never seen them do such a long set. nice one lads! hope tonight's show is acoustic as rumoured.

except sunset of the age and albatross, the gig wasnt that much interesting to me really...after their summer gig. nothing new. yes, it's great to hear all those track live once again, but one expects more.

...though people are saying the 2nd gig was much more interesting. i went to the wrong one it seems. glory box from lee would be really interesting.

the Portuguese, Papua New Guineans, New Zealanders, Bali heads, Kerrymen, the Argies, think about all of these ffs!! fucking spoiled meffs! fuck you Greece!

here i turkey people love rotting christ from greece cos they come and visit every two months like. now they say anathema is rotting number two. which is very pleasing.

and i think of all those countries, i'm sending good thoughts. :err:

A Leaf said:
here i turkey people love rotting christ from greece cos they come and visit every two months like. now they say anathema is rotting number two. which is very pleasing.

and i think of all those countries, i'm sending good thoughts. :err:

thats cos no one else will take them, they aint heard of here, cos theyre a joke :lol:, and whats anathema got to do with rotting christ anyway, long hair or what once was? :erk: yis are about 10 years behind, yis know that, dont you? yis must know that surely :tickled:

ikeaboy said:
thats cos no one else will take them, they aint heard of here, cos theyre a joke :lol:, and whats anathema got to do with rotting christ anyway, long hair or what once was? :erk: yis are about 10 years behind, yis know that, dont you? yis must know that surely :tickled:
eh, please read my posts before you reply to them. i pointed out no similarity between anathema and rotting christ other than the fact that they've both been playing here very frequently lately. what kind of an idiot do you take me for?

go stick a leaf up yer hole, idiot, with yer rotting christ, i know what you meant :puke: metal ffs!