I love WASP

Early WASP yessssssssssss!

These guys rocked much harder than other LA scence bands in the early days, early WASP and Motley Crue were great. I would rate 1st two CDs:
WASP
LAST COMMAND
as essential purchases, they rock the hardest and contain best material in groups history, combine these with Motley's
TOO FAST FOR LOVE
SHOUT AT THE DEVIL
and you get 4 great albums that set the standard for west coast scence.

A notch below in quality for me but still very good are:
ELECTRIC CIRCUS
HEADLESS CHILDREN

Animal (fuck like a beast) is a great single with one of the coolest cover art of any CD.

Harder Faster is an amazing song with a really amusing introduction.

My favourite WASP albums are The Crimson Idol, The Headless Children, KFD, and of course the first one which is an absolute classic (especially now animal is back in it's rightful place).

WASP have quite a varied musical career which I like, done everything from heavy metal to glam to rock opera to experimenting with industrial. Whatever the style though Blackie is an excellent songwriter which is the most important thing.

Oh and my fav WASP songs are 'The Idol' and 'My Tortured Eyes'. Both incredibly depressing songs cos i'm a miserable git.

Originally posted by Necros
Early WASP yessssssssssss!

These guys rocked much harder than other LA scence bands in the early days, early WASP and Motley Crue were great. I would rate 1st two CDs:
WASP
LAST COMMAND
as essential purchases, they rock the hardest and contain best material in groups history, combine these with Motley's
TOO FAST FOR LOVE
SHOUT AT THE DEVIL
and you get 4 great albums that set the standard for west coast scence.

A notch below in quality for me but still very good are:
ELECTRIC CIRCUS
HEADLESS CHILDREN

Animal (fuck like a beast) is a great single with one of the coolest cover art of any CD.

I would have to agree with your comment on the WASP & THE CRUE. I would have to say that I liked the Electric Circus disc, I think it could be cos' that's the first time I saw WASP. They opened for Maiden on the Somewhere in Time Tour. What a great bill or what?! Didn't know how great it was way back when. And I love the Headless Children disc too. Maybe a bit too political, but still hits the spot. This in my opinion, was the last time WASP put out a well written record(Crimson Idol was "good"). Fuck Like a Beast?! Pure Cheese. I don't know how someone, can be sitting around the house & thinks "Oh boy I've got to listen to Fuck Like a Beast?!":lol: Sabbath's Iron Man, Zeppelin's Rock 'N Roll, Van Halen's Panama or anything else, but Fuck Like a Beast?!:D

Fuck Like a Beast?! Pure Cheese. I don't know how someone, can be sitting around the house & thinks "Oh boy I've got to listen to Fuck Like a Beast?!" Sabbath's Iron Man, Zeppelin's Rock 'N Roll, Van Halen's Panama or anything else, but Fuck Like a Beast?!

:lol: Yeah but that song rocks! I think people have a hard time getting their head around what WASP are as one minute he writes songs about fucking like a beast and the next some really serious political songs or a concept album.

I sit around the house and think, "Oh boy I've got to listen to Fuck Like a Beast". I'm a bit of an animal though. :D

Originally posted by apex nemesis
:lol: Yeah but that song rocks! I think people have a hard time getting their head around what WASP are as one minute he writes songs about fucking like a beast and the next some really serious political songs or a concept album.

I sit around the house and think, "Oh boy I've got to listen to Fuck Like a Beast". I'm a bit of an animal though. :D

Being that you're a Hardcore Fan & probably the Leader of the W.A.S.P. Nation. I believe You really dig the song!:D
I still stand by my previous post, my favorites are:
WASP
The Last Command
Inside The Electric Circus
Headless Children
:headbang:
Honerable mentions:
Live Assassins-Pretty good song selection
Crimson Idol-"good" record, I don't have the patience...
Live...In The Raw-I like the song selection-this was messed with in the studio-too polished.
Best of the Best- Great song selection, more or less the "hits" & couple new ones.
First Blood-another "hits' collection-like the remixes on the older tracks.
Kill Fuck Die-Good for what it was.:headbang:

I usually don't like live recordings, but if you have remastered LAST COMMAND one of the bonus tracks is a ripping live version of "animal" ...............this is no Cheese zone (a stupid meaningless word) this is what cock rock is all about! :devil:

I wanna be somebody.... (It's a kickass song)
and also " The Real Me"

Yeah well as good as' the real me is', it is probably my least fav song on headless. If i was gonna choose songs off headless i would choose 'The Heretic', 'The Headless Children' and 'The Neutron Bomber'!!

To be honest whenever WASP do cover versions they are always my least favourite on the album. Personally I think blackie is even better than his Idols.

W.A.S.P. rule!!! :) One of my fave bands ever!!!

My fave albums by them:

1. W.A.S.P. (one of the top heavy metal albums EVER!)
2. The Headless Children
3. The Crimson Idol
4. The Last Command
5. Inside The Electric Circus
6. Hellorado
7. Unholy Terror

Then Still Not Black Enough and Dying For The World... and KFD is definitely last on the list for me.

W.A.S.P!!! :headbang: :headbang:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

My fav WASP albums are The Crimson Idol, The Headless Children, The first one(of course!) and KFD. In no particular order really as it depends on my mood. The good thing about WASP is they have a diversity that most other bands don't. If I had to choose one it would probably be The Crimson Idol as i've listened to that a ridiculous amount of times and was very important to me at the time it came out.

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

My fav WASP albums are The Crimson Idol, The Headless Children, The first one(of course!) and KFD. In no particular order really as it depends on my mood. The good thing about WASP is they have a diversity that most other bands don't. If I had to choose one it would probably be The Crimson Idol as i've listened to that a ridiculous amount of times and was very important to me at the time it came out.
Isn't "crimson" the album where Blackie decided he didn't need a band and recorded everything himself?

Isn't "crimson" the album where Blackie decided he didn't need a band and recorded everything himself?

Pretty much but not exactly, Bob kulick also played guitar and franki Banali drums. SNBE too. From crimson onwards really with the exception of KFD WASP has been Blackie really. To be fair WASP always has been pretty much Blackie with a backing band. Chris Holmes is a bit of an exception but still.