I made a fucked up "song."

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
Well I have a band now, so that's my outlet for normal stuff (groove and jazz based metal I guess, I'll probably whore the demo once we find a fucking drummer), so that means I can concentrate on the fucked up shit by myself without feeling too weird that I don't make actual songs. Anyhow, here's some fast drone shit, I don't think more than one or two of you will like it:

http://nad.ultimatemetal.com/gymnast.mp3
http://nad.ultimatemetal.com/sierra.mp3

I need a guitar to do some weird shit on top of it, and I probably won't do much percussion beyond hitting random things, if that. Maybe I should call it NADrian N]]]

A NY Dept. of Street Maintenance truck filled with road tar just stalled in front of my home and started gushing either: a) gasoline or b)water.

The driver gets out of the truck and manages to light a cigarette while nervously inspecting the overflow of the above.

Actually ... it is not water .. i just got a whif of it .. it's gas.

Meanwhile, I am listening to "gymnast" ... for some odd reason the buildup of the bass line went perfect with this very urban and potentially explosive situation.

Good morning to all :d

37 views of this thread, and nobody's commenting? WTF?

Hey this is a good effort, NAD. Obviously once you start layering other instruments on top of the bass foundation, it'll be cool to see where you take this. Have you ever programmed a drum machine?

How did you get that fuzzy sound? It's not just distortion, right? There's almost a 'twang' in the strings each time you hammer down on them.

By the way, I know I've probably asked this before, but the bass sound that Cliff Burton got for the intro to "For Whom the Bell Tolls" was distortion and a wah-wah? Is that right? Whatever it is, people don't use it enough. Other thrash acts should throw it in on occasion, because it adds such a cool dimension. :cool:

The only time Newsted ever used it was either during the song, or in one of his god-awful bass solos that just went off on a tangent. I debate whether that fucker really played those bass lines on F&J - you can't blame Hetfield or Ulrich for his crappy bass solos on stage now can you? :D

I don't mind negative comments, as long as they are constructive. Speak up you wanks!!! :Spin:

All I'm using is my P-bass through a Boss Bass Overdrive pedal, no EQ or anything else. Any twang you hear is probably my finger nails hitting the strings, I do kind of a hard strum aimed so my nails hit really hard and give it that edgy tone. Doesn't sound so good clean, but with distortion it rules. Oh yeah, and a lot of the droning stuff is me smacking the horn with my fist, I don't actually pluck the strings.

I have a drum machine and have done a little programming, it's pretty simple I just don't like to sit there for an hour dickin' around (I'd rather be on a kit). I came up with some guitar ideas last night, but I uhhh, need the guitar. :loco:

I think you're spot on with Newstead. :lol:

i think its actually fucking good...ESPECIALLY when you get to layer a couple more instruments alongside. get back to us w/ the complete versions ya kike.

listening to gymnast right now and it is has a reeaally good vibe going.

Dudes, thanks and shit. :)

I have some stuff in my head for other parts, got a drumbeat for Sierra and a guitar line for Gymnast, just need to get an actualy guitar and a fucking wsya to mic my fdurds drumrs, drums, or just uhhhh do rthe dru m acmhine programmmin gsthix.

your rumblings remind me of early Godflesh for some reason ... don't let it get to your head

If I had a dollar for as many times as I've heard that, I'd have like.... at least 6 bucks.

It's on my list, I'll make sure to get it soon.