I Met Gerard Butler...

ADRSean

Apr 18, 2008
SO! Really great story ahead!

First off, I live in Lansing, Michigan. Home of the Michigan State Spartans! And we had our midnight madness for the basketball team on Friday night. And, well we had a surprise guest.

We have done the "300" Theme for a long time, and apparently Gerard Butler has heard about this and has been waiting for the call to come. He loves it, and he flew in from filming a movie in New York to be here in Lansing the whole weekend.

On Saturday we had our big football game (This is homecoming weekend.) and low and behold

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OOevMG244Y&feature=related[/ame]

I just happened to be at both! It was incredible. Then, letter that night a friend of mine in local radio said Gerard had not left town, and was going bar hopping with the football team I believe that night. So! I found out where, and I ended up chatting with him at 1 AM Sunday! No picture, but he did sign my 300 DVD and he was just happy as fuck being here. Said he'd be back ,and that Spartans were the best college ever. I have to agree with him on that.

But what a guy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like an awesome experience man...and the whole spartan theme for the football team sounds great too :lol:
Exept for the cheesy lovestorymovies he's in a lot of films that I really liked over the past few years.

Did you ask him wtf was up with the ending of 'Law Abiding Citizen'? A-grade film until the closing moments. Did someone come in and re-write the script in the last second?

What didn't you like about the ending Ermin? I thought it was cool.
The only thing I heard about the writing was that Butler and Fox switched roles shortly before they started filming.

My buddy has an auto body shop in the city ... he got the job to fix up some of the cars in that movie (Law Abiding Citizen) ... a few that got shot up or blown up were recycled into other parts of the movie

Thats the closest to a connection I have to anything cool

Sounds like an awesome experience man...and the whole spartan theme for the football team sounds great too :lol:
Exept for the cheesy lovestorymovies he's in a lot of films that I really liked over the past few years.

What didn't you like about the ending Ermin? I thought it was cool.
The only thing I heard about the writing was that Butler and Fox switched roles shortly before they started filming.

yeah apparently foxx was bitching about his chatacter etc so they switched on pretty short notice i think butler played the guy brilliantly

Yeah. I gauge movies like 'Taken' and 'Law Abiding Citizen' by the hard-on factor. If you let your audience lose their hard-ons you've failed. Taken was brilliant in that it upped the hardness with every scene. Law Abiding Citizen had the potential to do the same until that totally anticlimactic, no money shot ending.

He didn't kill Fox's family and then mail him the video shortly before being burned alive.

...that would have been awesome indeed, damn.
Would also have been more satisfying for Fox's character to fry butlers ass in that case I guess :lol: