O/T: I met Dimebag

Johnny Ace

Assistant John Kalodner
Feb 8, 2002
22 Acacia Ave. Parts Unknown
He was doing an in-store appearance at Sam Ash on Long Island last weekend. I showed him my Ottobag Darrell tattoo (Otto the Bus Driver crossed with Dime) and he was so stoked that he gave me a wah wah pedal. He was also in such disbelief that I brought a beer funnel to get autographed that we took rips together. He poured me about four shots of Crown Royal right down the gullet and he took a huge rip off the bottle. He was funny: "Hey man, I don't know where that thing's been." He had good stuff to say about Anthrax. I told him Damageplan and them should tour together.

Lo and behold I see the link to the Dunlop site on blabbermouth today, and I see my bloated, drunken face on there. Dime's been my hero since 14 and even more so since Ace Frehley was a dick to me when I met him after New York Steel.

John-DB-02.jpg

Yeah, funneling crown royal with the King of the Black Tooth was cool as shit.
I think some people in the store (especially the customers who weren't there for Dime) were a bit shocked for that one.

yeah dime is pretty cool,he was at some guitar show in australia a few years back and i got my guitar signed,also caught up with pantera at an instore,dime and vinnie were so fucking cool,i didnt get a word or anything from phil or rex!

Yeah, one of the bond traders at work saw the picture on my desktop wallpaper and said, "You're a freak aren't you?" I said, "More or less, but mostly the partymaster general."

Cry me a liver and Metal Christmas to all,
John

I said fuck it today and wore my Anthrax Stomp tour shirt today. I rarely need to wear a suit anymore. Which sucks because the whole business casual does not work for me. I feel like I should be on the golf course and not the office. My wall paper is the Air Force Dog with pentathrax shirt on.