I modded my ps2

Oct 17, 2005
Kinnear, Wyoming
finally, i finally figured out how to mod my ps2 to play back-up home brewed games and dvds and i just got it to work!

I made a backup cd *iso* of Guitar Hero II and i was just playing Between The Buried & Me - Ants of the Sky

i can take out all 64 tracks and replace them with custom charts...

i have some nectrophagist charts im gonna add to this next burn!!!

ps- i didn't use a mod chip

Let me get this sr8 , u played home made dvds on your ps2 without a chip ? Oo how is that possible ?

too bad ps2 is worthless now and 360 is the shit. i'd still rather play real guitar than guitar hero though, i know its a videogame and all but its just not that enjoyable, i only liked playing the one that had the ratt song.

too bad ps2 is worthless now and 360 is the shit. i'd still rather play real guitar than guitar hero though, i know its a videogame and all but its just not that enjoyable, i only liked playing the one that had the ratt song.
HERE HERE.

downsized_0118080048.jpg

open it up, notice the black tape in the corner

0118080048a.jpg

closer look

There are 2 sensors right there, use tape and tape over it

0118080049.jpg

there is a block when you open the lid that blocks the cd from moving when the cover is open...

tape it back

also near the power switch is a little hole, put something in there to trick that sensor to have the lid open but still run.

walla...

now when you start it up you can see the laser work under the disc...for GH.....watch the laser go up and down a few times...then it will go ALL the way up...then DIRECTLY DOWN to the VERY bottom.

take out the CD instantly and put in your home brewed GH Custom Disc ( i already made one)

put it in , and it runs.

yepp

it wasn't that hard to be honest, ALOT easier then i though.

the only thing i gotta do now is make sure my offset is right...so when i play a song the timing goes along with the mp3, ogg files

Well that a great job you did there but there is one little problem :S , i have the ps2 the normal one and it doesn't have a lid , by the way i used to do this with my PSone thanks for the info tho

Well that a great job you did there but there is one little problem :S , i have the ps2 the normal one and it doesn't have a lid , by the way i used to do this with my PSone thanks for the info tho

yeah i don't know how to do it on the fat ps2 though, i haven't messed with it

im downloading the entire deathalbum and 2 nevermore songs for GH II right now, hopefully get the ISO burnt before i leave work

yeah i don't know how to do it on the fat ps2 though, i haven't messed with it

Time for me to get busy with something , tho i never opened a ps2 before , what the heck if I'm gonna screw up I'm gonna get a ps3

its possible with the regular ps2 im sure of it, oh yeah...i believe you need a slide card..

actually im sure of it now

you HAVE to make a slide card or buy one, because you have to trick that sensor and the only way to do that is with a slide card, you can make one easily .

Bah, it's not that important to me.

I can live without custom tracks on a game that has no simulation of a real guitar.
But it would be cool.

thats what i said, but i saw the 1,000 of charts people created, and i had to do something about it.

so when i get home from work im gonna be up all morning burning iso images