I need a new MAC - questions inside.

Let me try to clear some things up. The old mac book pros were partially aluminum, but when they say aluminum on the site they mean the new Unibodied Aluminum macbooks. They’re made out of a single cut piece of aluminum and are extremely durable.

I dunno if it’s what you need… but for me I think theyre amazing. My girlfriend has the non pro aluminum macbook and its awesome.

I liked it enough that I’m saving for an aluminum version as an upgrade to my current white intel macbook. Just make sure you get a “pro” aluminum because the non-pro aluminum macbooks don’t have firewire anymore (stupid move on apples part)

And a solid state HD is a hard drive that has no moving parts. Think of it like a really really big flash memory card, as appose to a 2.5” hard drive that has a spinning “hard disk” ;-). Theyre a lot more expensive and don’t have as much capacity as a regular hard drive… I don’t really see it as worth it but that’s your call.

Thanks, man. Appreciate the info. Im likely to be travelling it up a bit here, so, its possible the all aluminum chassis could be a difference worth the extra few bucks.

DEFINITELY going Pro on these as well.

Thanks, man. Appreciate the info. Im likely to be travelling it up a bit here, so, its possible the all aluminum chassis could be a difference worth the extra few bucks.

DEFINITELY going Pro on these as well.

Haha I'm not sure, its entirely up to you...

I have a white macbook right now with a case thats completely falling apart, but I've never used the old macbook pros so I can't really say how durable they are.

So for me personally it's definitely worth it... the new unibodied macbooks just feels so sturdy, and light and durable when you pick it up. I don't know if you have an apple store or bestbuy around, but if you go in and just pick one up you'll see exactly what i mean and your decision should become much easier.:)