I need an HONEST answer here.

DTJeff

I Am My Nation
Oct 7, 2007
Allentown, PA
www.myspace.com
Alright, I don't want to seem like a dick, but I am serious when I say I need a totally honest answer, and I don't want to get the typical: "BOOK NOW! THIS IS GONNA SELL OUT ASAP!" attitude, regardless of whether or not it's true.
Honestly, how fast are the cabins for this cruise expected to sell? I am curious as to how much of a window I have to save money for this. If odds are that things will be sold it out in about a month, I'm probably just going to give up hope of going, because I will never be able to save the money that soon. I do think it was a pretty poor decision to confirm this so incredibly close to when everything went on sale. It's more than enough notice in perspective to the dates of the cruise, but if this is going to sell out really fast, it's unfair to those who can justify spending the money but can't just drop $800 on a few week's notice. Especially given the current economic situation, I'm sure there are many people who share my problem.
So basically, I'm just looking for a totally honest answer here. How fast is this expected to sell? Are you expecting a sell out in a couple of weeks or a couple of months? Exactly how much space is available? I just would appreciate your honest answers, since I am VERY interested in coming, I just am in a difficult spot.

Considering the exclusive nature of this event, I would expect the cabins to go fairly quickly. Maybe not in one month, but quickly.
I do think it was a pretty poor decision to confirm this so incredibly close to when everything went on sale. It's more than enough notice in perspective to the dates of the cruise, but if this is going to sell out really fast, it's unfair to those who can justify spending the money but can't just drop $800 on a few week's notice. Especially given the current economic situation, I'm sure there are many people who share my problem.

I assume you were not aware of the payment plans that are set up for this event just for this reason. I am pretty sure there are a few people out there who can't just drop $800 on the spot (myself included). But a $250 desposit with plenty of time to save the rest sounds pretty good to me. All the details are on the Book Now page. Hope this helps...

Hey Jeff.

First. Breathe. Crruuuuuuuisseeeee Frabaaaaahhhh (Anger Mgmt movie joke)

NOw. The event is expected to sell quickly, but seeing how it's never been done quickly is a relative term. As it stands right now I have roughly 145 out of 200 total cabins left with several groups planning to book together. That's with 48 hours sales time (and counting band cabins). We should be back online tomorrow, Weds. morning at the latest.

In the next week/two/three I cannot say how many will sell. Interest is high. It is impossible to predict whether we'll sell out by Sept 1, Oct 1, or Nov 1 or not at all.

I CAN say that there are payment plan options and discounts I'm offering and with the minimum down you have a lot of time to save. If there's a problem PLEASE feel free to email me directly at beth@tritonpowercruise.com

Oh, and several of the cabins can go triple and quad occupancy- 200 cabins- up to 500 people. I'm begging Carnival for more space, but they are really dug in about a "metal cruise" proving itself as non-destructive to the ship before they give me the half ship for 2011. (plans slowly beginning)

Alright, I appreciate the help. I guess $250 by September 1st isn't that lofty of a goal, but more than likely I'll be forced to wait for the September 1st-January 1st bracket, especially consider how much money I have to spend on various concerts in September (Edguy, Primal Fear, Stratovarius/Pagans Mind). This is still such a massive amount of money for me given my current situation, but I feel it's well worth it.

This is a random question, I just wanted to clarify something. If I am older than 18 but under 21, will I have a problem coming on this cruise by myself? I figured there would probably be some restrictions if I were a minor, but I wasn't sure about being 19, and thus under legal US drinking age.

If you are under 21 (this is on the TPC FAQs and booking pg) you must cruise either with a parent or someone over 25. That is Carnival's rule, not ours. Hopefully your friend is over 25 or you can book with a 3rd who is.

There's nothing wrong with utilizing the payment plan, it's there for a reason. :kickass: