I NEED HELP RE AMPING

Dgrptr

New Metal Member
Mar 20, 2012
I just bought the radial reamp JCR passive re amp box and i am having some trouble getting things to go well. I am coming in XLR and our 1/4" to my guitar amp input and micing the cabinet approx 2 inches from the bottom right cone slightly offset. I am getting tremendous amounts of feedback. Someone help a reamping NOOB out!!! thanks again.

Maybe you setup your host that you have such feedback?
I.e. part (or whole) of reamped signal goes back to reamping output, just set another output or ensure that reamped signal don`t go back to reamped output.

I'm assuming you're using an interface that only has 2 outputs? Your mic'd signal is obviously being sent to the same output that you're using to reamp, causing a feedback loop.

Pan the DI that's being reamped left and pan the mic'd track right.

okay sweet. Yeah im using an apogee one so it has only one output on it. So what you (deluther) was saying was basically if im sending audio out from the apogee one and bringing a mic signal back in then it causes a feedback loop?

I`m also using stereo interface, when I`m need reamping my setup is following: output set to left output where I`m have reamper, mic pre goes to left input, track routed to right out for monitoring. Not very convenient, but it works well, no feed back.
If I`m set track with mic source to left output, I will get feedback.