Re-amping issue - weak signal from Saffire pro 24

ratsapprentice

God can gtfo
Aug 15, 2009
London
So I'm a complete noob at re-amping.
Right now my signal path looks like this:

Saffire pro24 --> Xamp --> 5150

I'm not micing or anything, just trying this shit out.

But the sound I'm getting from my amp sounds fucking strange, it just does not sound the same as guitar--> amp.
At first it sounded exactly the same as the di from my monitors, maxing out all levels in logic and in the saffire menu, begins to distort it, but not in a pleasant way. I did search and that was the only suggested solution I found, but it did not work.

by the way, I'm using some of Ola's DIs, so they aren't the issue.
I'm sure it's something stupid that I've ignored.

Oh shit? Is this a qc problem or is it a general flaw of all of them?

I should probably say that I can't even get the x-amp unit to clip, so it's not the output of the unit itself.
I have a feeling the problem lies with the saffire

Oh shit? Is this a qc problem or is it a general flaw of all of them?
It seems that Radial made this intentionally. Why?
This is another question...

I should probably say that I can't even get the x-amp unit to clip, so it's not the output of the unit itself.
I have a feeling the problem lies with the saffire
Maybe this is another part of problem, but there is significant gain reduction in reampers, never own X-Amp, but unmodified ProRMP does not make me happy with interface with +20 dbu output level, Saffire Pro24 has only +16 dbu.

Has anyone got any definitive info on this?
Because if it's a problem with the product then I will have to return it, and that would be a pain the ass.

Anyone care to suggest things to try....
The issue still seems to be not enough signal reaching the radial unit.

Yerp, mono signal and a balanced cable.
And that's the thing, I have no previous re-amping experience to draw upon to judge whether I am doing something wrong or the unit is faulty/incompatible with my equipment.