Re-amping question..like the 3rd today bahaha

-Loco-

Knives.
Apr 17, 2009
right was wondering, re-amping is good..at least for some right ok whatever...however..if you're recording a d.i signal and ur playback is some amp sim/squirrel on stilts/w.e and then you play that d.i through an amp to actually capture what you want..can you not lose alot of tonal qualities from the way you are picking to the recorded track? I.e djent would probably be the best example because of the way shit is picked/palmed...does it make it more 'digital' sounding playing it back then capturing the signal all over again?

also if you are recording just with an amp sim straight away...says NC8505 and a d.i signal then apply an impulse.. (so not a re-amping signal - conventionally)...can u just 'tweak' the settings in the amp sim till you've got something you want?

sorry if this is confusing as fuck:guh::lol: ill try to explain what i mean better if anyone needs me to

Playing without the final amp sound will not let the guitarist adapt his playing to get the exact right pick angle, attack and so on.. So yes, a bit of the feel is lost.... Is that what you meant?

I believe most professional studios try to get the right sound from the beginning, but still record a DI-track and use it _just in case_ - not per default.