I Need some help

JohnnyMcFly

May 11, 2009
Hey Guys some of you may already be familiar with our RedShift Pickup replacer technology. While I was thinking about its upgrade the other day...

The thought occurred to me that sometimes you just can't help it, you get a shitty drum sound, live ambience, bad room, shitty mics, who knows, for whatever reason, sometimes your drums just sound like shit..Maybe you are having a bad day...Could be for any reason. So...

Why could we not use the RedShift Technology to replace your drum sound? using Drum IR files? I have no idea if this would work..Maybe it will maybe it won't this is the nature of research. I know what you're gonna say...

Why not just use samples? Because this is for audio tracks, ones where the drums are already recorded but just need to sound better...or for live drums where the room or whatever just won't give you a good drum sound.

Well anyways, If you're interested in helping out with this...I need Drum IR Files...

How are they made?...
I dunno? Get Creative and document what you did to make them so that if the process is right we can do it again..Thats the approach we did when we made pickup IR's for Redshift and that is a lot more off the wall than recording a drum IR. After all IR files were really only ever meant to model space, not a pickup. So when we think of a drum it really only is a space. The difference here though is that you are not going to use a starter pistol or anything to give you the spike, the drum stick will do that.

Anyways, I look forward to your thoughts and hopefully one of you enterprising Sneapsters will rise to the challenge and can basque in the glory of knowing thet...ah never mind just make the damn IR'S....:)

Ken

Haha, very interesting idea! I have no clue if it'll work either but damn is it worth trying... yes it is! I'm currently "shut down" for atleast another week or two but it would be fun to try making drum IRs, although I know very little about making them. Anyway, we'll see what happens over the next couple of weeks.

Hope someone can quickly make an IR of a drum for testing!