AcmeBarig Tribe IR amp released Freeware

JohnnyMcFly

May 11, 2009
tribescreensm.jpg

Tribe is our all new clean amp, and is designed to give you pure, crystal clear clean tones, providing you with the perfect blank canvas to further sculpt your tone. Using technologies borrowed from Whisper and RedShift and with the option of loading an Impulse Response file of your choice, Tribe is designed to give out a smooth stream of constant clean
tone. Whether you're tired of your current amp sim's clean tones or are just looking for a blank canvas to experiment with, give Tribe a shot and we're sure you won't be disappointed!

Tribe came to be as a means of acoustic modeling. The original idea was to place an IR in front of a clean amp and see what we could get. Well, that didn't quite work out. However, what Tribe represents is a means for you to experiment with this concept. So if you have any knowledge of creating IR files, try creating some Acoustic IR's and place them in tribe. You never know we may just be able to model an acoustic afterall. When you have a good IR for use with tribe, please share it with us at acmebargig.com.

INFO:
Loaded IR files populate the first selection in the drop down list. All other IR files in this list are from RedShift and they are pickups.

Anyways, despite the website and all the trouble we had this past week, we still managed to fandangle something for you this week, We really hope you enjoy this next serving of AcmeBarGig...
Ken

Here's the download link and enjoy
http://www.acmebargig.com/download.php?id=5

You guys are sick, this is awesome! Err well, I haven't tried it yet, just downloaded it but I'm pretty certain I will need this! It's good that it's dedicated to clean tones, we certainly lack that in the freeware department of sims.

Can't wait 'til I have some free time soon, there is so much to try! :D

Trying it with some Fender Champ 25 IRs right now, sounds great. Very "chimey" and all that. I dig the seperate gain controls for each frequency too.

Well done :)

RE: Getting this thing to sound like an acoustic guitar

What seems to work best for me is to play ON the neck where it meets the body or a few frets above. Using my neck pickup and this technique I can sound fairly convincing. If I run NUSofting DeepBoard along with it it sounds better, but DB is hell to tweak. Acoustic amp IRs would probably help too, but I can't find any. So I'll probably find a song with a good acoustic guitar sound and feed it to CurveEQ. Perhaps someone could deconvolve an acoustic sound.

If I manage to actually get an acoustic sound that fools my friends, I'll post the settings here.

Very Cool stuff guys...
Nectar...There is a guy at Guitarampmodeling thast dreated an acoustic IR that was the closest we have come to acoustic modeling. Up until that IR appeared we really didn't know which way to go with this. But, Once I heard how that worked I have found out that I need to simply add some LP filtering to get at the bottom end. We have the high end portion now.
Here's his thread..
http://www.guitarampmodeling.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5828
Also Nectar, I think those champ IR's are from one of our testers, Digitalman
He did a good job at them

DaWolf, interesting, I have never been any good at getting a dirty sound from our clean amps. Very Cool. The amp portion of it is a solid state amp, actually it is Whisper with a couple more options added on. Its originally Based on a Bryston 4b. But there is very little of that original code left.

AHJ, I thought I had done that? Thanks for the heads up..

Thanks Gojira, and Sorry Guityargodgt, its safe to assume all our plugs will be DLL. Sorry man, Hey is there anything that successfully can run an exe in MAC? I can make these into exe files too?
KM